Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: My 2nd song Ive ever written

Post by jeremyb »

This guy has to be a troll, surely it can't be for real?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I reckon BG had one too many kilkennys and started posting under a pseudonym :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

I liked this song better when it was called "Big Dumb Sex".

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:This guy has to be a troll, surely it can't be for real?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I reckon BG had one too many kilkennys and started posting under a pseudonym :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Banned...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

willow13 wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with era to start with.....and yes clapton and zep are very much more commercial....and yes malmsteens wankery is off putting for many

BUT it doesn't have a lot to do with their lyrics....some of malmsteens early lyrics are fantastic, but the songs are over looked from a commercial point of view because of his perceived style
I agree that Clapton is no poet laureate. And Plant's not a brilliant lyricist either. He's probably better than Clapton, unless the common man listener in the street person prefers a song about someone's wife looking good at a party than one about the endless battle between night and day. :D

Not sure about Malmsteens lyrics. I used to have "Marching Out" and the lyrics on that sounded like they were written by a ten year old boy (who still draws cars with guns) But that's just my opinion and I know that he's put out albums before or since, so I don't know if Marching Out's lyrics are a good example of Malmsteen as a lyricist. Which songs do you like?

And even if the original post was a troll, I'm quite interested in this present discussion anyway.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook