meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: Gear auction today

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:16 am
olegmcnoleg wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:12 am
Slowy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:08 am

Poor Oleg got informed that there were guitars likely to descend upon him. :rofl:
It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

But I'm glad you held off requiring my services Slowy :-)
Born procrastinator, me.
Long may you continue!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

JoeBlow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 am I just can't see past that a poor dude has died, leaving his sweet gear behind 😢 R.I.P
I couldn't get past the feeling that ultimately this is where all my crap will end up. I might streamline it a bit to reduce the burden.

Feel the same way about my tools. They've taken forever to accumulate and at a deceased estate sale would take a few hours to disseminate. Nobody would know their back-story; what job on what bike they were originally bought for; where in the world they were bought, or were gifted to me. That's just the nature of stuff I suppose. And whilst I'd like my kids to want them, I wouldn't want them to hinder or be a burden.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

clubhouse wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:24 am There’s more to the value of a life than the stuff of it.
Wide words, mate.

download.jpeg
download.jpeg (5.09 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by hellblazer »

The Swedish apparently have a social convention of "death cleaning", where upon retirement folks start getting rid of possessions that would burden their children.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

hellblazer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:10 pm The Swedish apparently have a social convention of "death cleaning", where upon retirement folks start getting rid of possessions that would burden their children.
Sounds very sensible.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Molly wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:43 pm Feel the same way about my tools. And whilst I'd like my kids to want them, I wouldn't want them to hinder or be a burden.
My uncle snaked most of my grandad's tools real quick. Fair enough he's his son.

I've got his anvil, hand plane and some files. But what I really wanted was the drill press that I used a lot as a kid unsupervised.

When my Dad goes I'm taking his chisels before any cousins get near.

I don't and won't feel burdened.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

hellblazer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:10 pm The Swedish apparently have a social convention of "death cleaning", where upon retirement folks start getting rid of possessions that would burden their children.
Swedish social conventions you say?

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

JHorner wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:20 pm

I was just about to post this!

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Am in the process of doing this here. So far have a car gone and about 1000 or so from my vinyl collection (want to get down to about 5000, so its not a complete sell off yet). Guitars will be next year as im sure I dont need 8 or 3 amps to be honest. Also started on the Hifi collection and was thrilled to get $700 for an old Sony CD player. House will be the big one....

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

JHorner wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Fuck I'm getting flashbacks
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

All my parents stuff gone through auction recently including my dads much loved shed tools and contents. Don’t want to know the price, a life’s work. Heartbreaking.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

The Marshall turns out to be the hand-wired edition. Makes up for me having spent a bit too much on the Strat.

Got a guy calling shortly who's a 'bit' of a guitar collector. 160 odd to be inexact.

20221218_152941.jpg
20221218_152941.jpg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 2729 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

JoeBlow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 am I just can't see past that a poor dude has died, leaving his sweet gear behind 😢 R.I.P
At least he didn't try to take it with him. The thought of a perfectly good guitar being buried makes me squirm.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Slowy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:57 am At least he didn't try to take it with him. The thought of a perfectly good guitar being buried makes me squirm.
You forget that some people choose cremation, which is the way all Strats should be disposed of. 😝

In b4 someone posts that ‘Hendrix sets guitar on fire’ pic.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:57 am
At least he didn't try to take it with him. The thought of a perfectly good guitar being buried makes me squirm.
To own anything is to one day lose it.

And although this can be gut-wrenching for us a individually, I don’t think this is a tragedy, it is the ultimate reality we all face. Pretending otherwise is the tragedy.

Or to lighten up and quote Don Henley: “ you don’t see no hearses with luggage racks”