IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

NPD - Reg built Le Luis clone

Post by IMOCD »

Picked this up on TM (from Reg's biggest fan) as I wanted something a little tweedy sounding. Reg says it's a direct clone of a Lovepedal Les Lui. It has drive on one side, boost on the other and 3 voicings via toggle.
Loving it so far. It does the tweed breakup thang really, really well and is super responsive to touch. With guitar volume on 8 it's overdrive, but with a boost in front and a twist to 10, it's borderline fuzz. Super quiet to boot. Nice work Reg.

Now to figure out where it'll sit on my board.
IMG20220406143314.jpg
IMG20220406143314.jpg (4.18 MiB) Viewed 1325 times

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Re: NPD - Reg built Le Luis clone

Post by MiniForklift »

Nice! Did you buy it from Mr George by any chance? I had an original Les Luis a number of years back, decent pedal but it didn't play ball with some of what I had on my board at the time

Reg is churning out some great pedals of late
β€œπ‘πžπšπ₯𝐒𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π₯𝐒𝐞𝐬 π›πžπ­π°πžπžπ§ 𝐝𝐒𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πšπ­π’π¨π§β€

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

MiniForklift wrote: ↑Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:15 pm Nice! Did you buy it from Mr George by any chance? I had an original Les Luis a number of years back, decent pedal but it didn't play ball with some of what I had on my board at the time

Reg is churning out some great pedals of late
Yep, that's the fella. I too had reservations about it how it would pair with existing drives, as it's definitely got its own thing going on. So far it plays well with my boost pedals and the Timmy (of course, as everything plays well with Timmy; he's such a goody-two-shoes). It gets a bit dark with my Box of Rock, but that is a dark pedal by nature.

Agree. I'm looking at his fuzz offerings now.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Sweet! I had one of the Lovepedals a while back. One of the only ODs I've ever liked.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Glad you like it, Mr George (Doug) has bought around 12 pedals off me in a year, 1 for every month pretty much!
This was one of my first ever builds actually, but a cool tweedy sounding pedal that does its one trick pretty well.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Was this from a PCB Reg? Or did you design it yourself?
Keen to make a tweed pedal at some point.
Nothing to see here.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Miza wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:18 am Was this from a PCB Reg? Or did you design it yourself?
Keen to make a tweed pedal at some point.
This was just a Tayda pcb, nice and compact design and worked perfectly first time. The Lovepedal is based on an Electra distortion actually which has been used by lots of company’s to make there own versions, some make them into boosts, some into fuzz’s even. It’s a simple but easily modded circuit. I recently got asked to build a Mythos Golden Fleece fuzz as there seems to be some hype around it and crazy thing, it’s a part for part Electra distortion with a germanium diode and silicon diode instead of 2 silicons which gives it a fuzzy vibe, they just released a new fuzz in conjunction with Novo guitars and I’ve seen the gut shot, seems to be 2 Electra distortions with slightly different diodes clipping it. The circuit is