Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 364 times

#21 • First impressions & review

Post by MiniForklift »

As some of you know I received this from Lawrence yesterday. It’s a beautiful piece of work and initial impressions are all positive - it sounds as good as it plays and it plays extremely well. It’s resonant, feels nice and responsive under the fingers and really comes alive when plugged in

I’ll post more once I’ve spent some quality time with it, until then here’s a few pics that don’t do it justice :clap:
Attachments
0949501B-D15D-4BBC-B180-56119C589FF0.jpeg
0949501B-D15D-4BBC-B180-56119C589FF0.jpeg (5.63 MiB) Viewed 3594 times
DD8E8F03-E7C6-4D8C-AABD-59E27E6CAB8D.jpeg
DD8E8F03-E7C6-4D8C-AABD-59E27E6CAB8D.jpeg (5.74 MiB) Viewed 3594 times
049F4DFC-53DF-45C0-BB7B-30EB744BCEBA.jpeg
049F4DFC-53DF-45C0-BB7B-30EB744BCEBA.jpeg (6.18 MiB) Viewed 3594 times
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: #21 • First impressions & review

Post by jeremyb »

Looking forward to checking this out in person!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

That's such an extraordinary looking top. It looks like the wood grain goes blurry and warped in places - it buzzes me out looking at it :wtf:

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Lawrence, you certainly have an exceptional skill set at your disposal. Beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Good score Jim.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:22 pm Looking forward to checking this out in person!!
Feel free to come over and grab it if you’re over my way, sweet as for you to borrow it. Such a cool guitar, as Bg said it does feel quite small initially (steady on jb) but it soon starts to feel like the most comfortable instrument you’ve ever played :thumbup:

buddyray
Stagg
Stagg

Post by buddyray »

How have you found it? :D
Woke up this morning and thought to myself, what a great day for Rock n'fn Roll

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

buddyray wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:23 pm How have you found it? :D
Love it, has been the only guitar I’ve picked up and played for the last couple of weeks. Super comfortable, light and has a unique ‘pop’ to it, kind of what a set of bright new strings sound like

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

#23 has been the same... its re-inspired me.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

Bg wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 pm #23 has been the same... its re-inspired me.
Same. It’s great when you find a guitar or piece of gear that does that, my Headrush did the same thing

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

I was a big fan of the Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro when that first came out in the UK, I actually went to one of their clinics when they released that particular model. I suppose you could look at them as being from the same school of design as PRS, however I always found Patrick Eggle guitars to be a little more indivualistic and less 'sterile' than PRS

Initially one of the reasons I jumped on this one was because back in the mid 90's I could only dream of owning a Berlin Pro; I had hoped this one would curb that long time craving and I think to a large extent it has

Interesting fact that not a lot of people know is that Patrick Eggle started working with Rory Gallagher a few years before he passed, Rory had that guitar specially built for him in 1992. Can't recall too many photos of Rory where he's trying new gear but supposedly he really liked that one

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

This has steadily turned into my #1, it’s such an inspiring thing to play not to mention the versatility. Has its own sound going on which doesn’t quite fall into the Strat/Tele/LP territory, and it does ‘clean’ like nothing else I’ve played before. And after playing LP’s forever the upper fret access is delightful

The wife said, “that size guitar fits you well.” A comment that was intended as a compliment but not received as one :lol:

So how’s everyone else going with their Arps’s?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

MiniForklift wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:02 am This has steadily turned into my #1, it’s such an inspiring thing to play not to mention the versatility. Has its own sound going on which doesn’t quite fall into the Strat/Tele/LP territory, and it does ‘clean’ like nothing else I’ve played before. And after playing LP’s forever the upper fret access is delightful

The wife said, “that size guitar fits you well.” A comment that was intended as a compliment but not received as one :lol:

So how’s everyone else going with their Arps’s?
Mine now has a P90 and I love it. The neck is way too small but I don’t notice often when playing it, and I play it often. Really happy and a much better choice than the Grungemaster I was going to modify.
As an added bonus, it looks ridiculously small on me but sounds huge. It really messes with the Bass player’s OCD.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.