rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Smol, but nice Rack

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I bought an Eleven Rack maybe a year ago, and have been using it at home and finding that it sounds REALLY good.
With one band already on IEM's, no amps, and a second band starting with a similar no amps setup, I decided to make the Eleven rack gig-worthy:

Rack is a 4 space GoCase rack from Showtechnix, along with a 2 space Rack Drawer
Bought a Ground Control Midi pedalboard, and dug out my old Ernie Ball as expression pedal:

Finally I made this little box to inject 9volts DC into the MIDI cable, so I can run a single MIDI cable out to my position for the pedalboard:

I haven't gigged with this yet, but I've given it a thrash at practice and so far am more than happy with what it can do. Also - set up takes seconds with all cables, IEMs, picks, etc, stored in the drawer. My midi cables are really short so I have a 30 foot for the pedalboard and a couple short ones on order. Here's hoping we get some gigs so I can try this rig in anger!

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Smol, but nice Rack

Future addition - potentially a Digitech Whammy 4 in the drawer, to control via MIDI. The Eleven Rack doesn't have a pitch shifter, and it would be fun to to some Morello-esq whammy squeals

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

rad!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:11 pm Future addition - potentially a Digitech Whammy 4 in the drawer, to control via MIDI. The Eleven Rack doesn't have a pitch shifter, and it would be fun to to some Morello-esq whammy squeals
For the Springsteen covers, I assume.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

robthemac wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:58 pm
rickenbackerkid wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:11 pm Future addition - potentially a Digitech Whammy 4 in the drawer, to control via MIDI. The Eleven Rack doesn't have a pitch shifter, and it would be fun to to some Morello-esq whammy squeals

To be fair, Morello replaced Nils Lofgren in the E Street band for the High Hopes recordings and subsequent tour, some of those songs are chock full of Morello chaos, with the guitar in 41 Shots being particularly magnificent. However we don't play that one, sadly.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:12 pm

To be fair, Morello replaced Nils Lofgren in the E Street band for the High Hopes recordings and subsequent tour, some of those songs are chock full of Morello chaos, with the guitar in 41 Shots being particularly magnificent. However we don't play that one, sadly.
Wow, you learn something new every day!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

What about the guitarist who got tangled up with Tony Soprano’s mob? Did he get whacked?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:22 pm What about the guitarist who got tangled up with Tony Soprano’s mob? Did he get whacked?
Yeah, the Capo choked him.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:12 pm

ah the best springsteen songs ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Conway wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:22 pm What about the guitarist who got tangled up with Tony Soprano’s mob? Did he get whacked?
believe it or not his main job these days is selling dope. Seriously. He has a company selling pre-rolled joints, canabis teas, lollipops and candles