Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

NBAD

Post by Bg »

New bass amp day, spotted a Bugera (behringer) on Trademe at a reasonable price, was looking for a decently loud head. Valve preamp stages and 550 watts output.

Surprisingly very very good build quality and tone, I wasn't expecting it to be top shelf but from the brief messing around so far I'm pretty happy. It is reassuringly heavy.

Will crank it properly when the missus is out. And then I'll play around with the amp for a bit.

https://www.bugera-amps.com/product.htm ... Code=P0767

I actually have enough rack gear now to build up a rack... oh dear.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: NBAD

Post by Bg »

Been playing it for awhile today, hoping exercise might untrap my nerve. Sounds great, not sure how it would stand up against the real deal Ampeg, but sounds good to me, great sensitivity and does everything I need :)

Keen to get it out for a jam in the new year, just hoping I have the use of my hand properly by then! 30 mins is my limit at the moment damn it!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Nice. So can you blend the valve drive into a clean tone?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I gigged with a Behringer power amp for five years and it never let me down. A lot of their stuff was built really well.

Their pedals, however....
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.