Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

NTD & bonus NRD

Post by Starfire »

Firstly, new Tele day. Nice to have one in the fold again. It’s in great condition and plays very nicely, but I know immediately that the pickups aren’t for me. They’re Texas Specials — not terrible, but too hot for my liking. I’ve got a set from Q pickups on the way, so if anyone’s after a hot Tele set, let me know! :)

Yum, rosewood.

The whole gang.

Also, it was recently new Roland day. Been curious about these little JC-22s for a while. Sounds really very good. The reverb is a relatively short hall type, I guess, but it’s enough to give things plenty of space, and it sounds great despite being digital. The chorus is nice and airy and dreamy. Should sound nice in stereo with my Princeton if I ever get them in the same room. Plus’s it’s ugly in a cool sort of way. :lol:

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: NTD & bonus NRD

Post by Olderama »

Hows the 7.5 neck ?
It looks lovely mate
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Olly white is all class, congrats!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Can get your Jimmy Page, Michael Bloomfield and Robben Ford on in the mirror with that bad boy

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Olderama wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:36 pm Hows the 7.5 neck ?
It looks lovely mate
7.25 … That quarter inch makes all the difference, so I’m told. :shifty:

I’ve had a few guitars with vintage radius fingerboards — including one of these Teles. The Mustang has a 7.25 fingerboard, so I’ve had a chance to get used to it lately. The 9.5 of the Jazzmaster is noticeably flatter, but it’s hardly night and day. Slightly taller frets on the Jazzmaster make a difference too.

Biggest difference is how roomy the Tele is. The Mustang and Jazzmaster have slightly narrower nuts and string spacing.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Starfire wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 am Biggest difference is how roomy the Tele is. The Mustang and Jazzmaster have slightly narrower nuts and string spacing.
I think this is why I don't always get on with the neck on my Telemaster, it had a 12" board but it has the narrow nut compared to my SG, Tele & Strat.

Makes a big difference.