Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

NAFX3D!

Post by StratMatt »

New Axe-FX 3 Day.

I can't quite believe I have one of these sitting next to me in my music room.

Had been chatting to Zaulkin on and off about upgrading to the 3 I had kinda resigned myself to the fact it wasn't really obtainable. So when he put his up for a great price I dithered for a bit then decided I should try and go for it. I started pooling all my gear into the living room to prepare for sale and the wife asked what I was up to this time. Gave her the speel about how great this thing will be and she said "oh for gods sake just buy it" :rofl:

This thing is DEEP. I knew my way around the AX8 pretty well but theres a fair bit more to get to grips with here. The I/O are plentiful; there is so much grunt. I could run both guitars and bass in our band quite comfortably. And it sounds and feels so good to play, a lot less tweaking and shaping required to get a good sound. I'm determined to do some recording and videos with this, if only just to keep for my own markers for how my playing is going.

The Matrix amp works perfectly too. So I can send outputs with full amp and cab modelling to my monitors/FRFR with its own level control and split off an output with amp modelling only to the power amp/cab and use it like a conventional rig.
Loving it so far

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: NAFX3D!

Post by HackSaw »

Awesome dude!

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Phoaaar I see an axe in my life one day :)

Looks awesome dude
:mental:

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

congrats mate!! If I didn't have a Kemper plus other stuff I would have jumped on this as well!!

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

Nice work. Congrats.

Sooooo.......hypothetically speaking, if you were to have sold of some pedals, would the Polymoon have been one of them? :wink:

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 208 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Awesome man, congratulations. What are your favorite sounds in there so far?

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

IMOCD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:15 am Nice work. Congrats.

Sooooo.......hypothetically speaking, if you were to have sold of some pedals, would the Polymoon have been one of them? :wink:
Haha! Nah that's one of the few I'm holding onto, that and a handful of drive pedals that are hard to get hold of. I don't think theres ever a time where one doesn't need a few drive pedals!
Loving it so far

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Wow, that's definitely a huge step up from the AX8. How does it compare so far?

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

JoeBlow wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm Awesome man, congratulations. What are your favorite sounds in there so far?
Thanks man. There's a lot to unpack, but so far I haven't moved too far from the Mesa JPIIC+ model, instantly gratifying. Some of the premade experimental sounds are really cool too, there's pitch follower patches which apply the effects the higher up you go in pitch.
Loving it so far

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

codedog wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:39 pm Wow, that's definitely a huge step up from the AX8. How does it compare so far?
So far it feels and sounds like there's a definite improvement over the AX8, especially in the cleans. I think it helps having the Austin Buddy presets where he's dialled them in already, but even the stock ones are really good. Also, no limits as to what you can build, I was always in the 80% range of cpu before.
Loving it so far

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Congrats that setup looks amazing. I find most of the cygnus presets have way to many effects on them and insane levels of delay are the Austin Buddy presets the same?

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Yeah, Austin Buddy did a superb job on the AX8. I can only imagine his work on the AxeFX III to be the same, if not better.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Voxshall wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:52 pm Congrats that setup looks amazing. I find most of the cygnus presets have way to many effects on them and insane levels of delay are the Austin Buddy presets the same?
The Austin Buddy seem to be a lot less about, here are all the things this can do, and more about this is how this amp should sound, with the basic effects you might use with it. Bloody superb I find.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Voxshall wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:52 pm Congrats that setup looks amazing. I find most of the cygnus presets have way to many effects on them and insane levels of delay are the Austin Buddy presets the same?
Pretty much as HackSaw said. They really set you up to get you going and you can customise from there.
Loving it so far

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

StratMatt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Pretty much as HackSaw said. They really set you up to get you going and you can customise from there.
That sounds perfect, and good to know you can run multiple instruments into it, so handy.