Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Kev77 »

Not my collection, but a friends. I’m in GAS recovery, whilst he’s almost hitting rock bottom.

"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

H671 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:55 pm I've nearly finished my collection.
I'm after a Danelectro Dan-O-Wah if anyone knows of one.

P1060665.JPG
I Have always wanted to do something like this, but with big box EHX pedals.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

sunburster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:25 pm Thanks, if I were in the market for an MD-500 yours looks like a great deal.
Yup, it sold pretty fast :thumbup:

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Current iteration, somewhat temporary arrangement. The board was home made before I ever considered a power supply brick. Need to raise it up a bit so I can mount the 1-spot underneath and regain some space on top. Still fiddling with pedal order in the meantime.

Wah > phaser > fuzz factory > Khal Doggo (KoT clone) > hot cake > delay > hall of fame.

The fuzz factory is a new addition and I loooove it. However in my first jam with it I just could not cut through the mix, particularly to get over the other guitarist on a tele through a Blues Jr. I've since switched it behind the hotcake hoping I can use that to mid boost a little bit. Contemplating getting an EQ, or just accepting that I'm not going to be able to make it work in that particular setting :(

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Whatever pedals you have after it will effect it's EQ, you could try stacking it with one side of the kot or the hotcake in a low gain higher treble kind of setting to help it cut through :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Gary
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Gary »

Hi,

My my latest pedal Build, I don't have many pedals but this my current setup. Its powered by a Mosky power box underneath.

I have the Chorus pedal going through the effect loop, which sounds better than direct into the Amp. But it's a pain having all the cables :)

Gary
https://www.kiwimana.co.nz/wp-content/u ... -Small.jpg
Thanks...Gary :)

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

mule wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm Image

Current iteration, somewhat temporary arrangement. The board was home made before I ever considered a power supply brick. Need to raise it up a bit so I can mount the 1-spot underneath and regain some space on top. Still fiddling with pedal order in the meantime.

Wah > phaser > fuzz factory > Khal Doggo (KoT clone) > hot cake > delay > hall of fame.

The fuzz factory is a new addition and I loooove it. However in my first jam with it I just could not cut through the mix, particularly to get over the other guitarist on a tele through a Blues Jr. I've since switched it behind the hotcake hoping I can use that to mid boost a little bit. Contemplating getting an EQ, or just accepting that I'm not going to be able to make it work in that particular setting :(
Any progress on this? It seems a common issue with fuzzes. I have the same challenge with my LP, I have to run my timmy after it with the bass cut at max, but its a bit of a waste of a decent pedal. I guess EQ pedal is the way. But my strat is a diffetent story. I think G&L really nailed it with their tone circuits. Just back off the bass pot and the fuzz shines through.

Working from home today and have Led Zep 1 thru 4 stacked up ready to go. Hope to pick up some fuzz tricks.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Gary wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 am Hi,

My my latest pedal Build, I don't have many pedals but this my current setup. Its powered by a Mosky power box underneath.

I have the Chorus pedal going through the effect loop, which sounds better than direct into the Amp. But it's a pain having all the cables :)

Gary
Cool first post, welcome aboard. :D
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Gary wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 am Hi,

Gary
Can't see your image dude :(

Code: Select all

The owner of this website (www.kiwimana.co.nz) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Current-Pedal-Board-Small.jpg).
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Gary
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Gary »

Oh Sorry guys, let me try that again
Thanks...Gary :)

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

IMOCD wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:51 am

Any progress on this? It seems a common issue with fuzzes. I have the same challenge with my LP, I have to run my timmy after it with the bass cut at max, but its a bit of a waste of a decent pedal. I guess EQ pedal is the way. But my strat is a diffetent story. I think G&L really nailed it with their tone circuits. Just back off the bass pot and the fuzz shines through.

Working from home today and have Led Zep 1 thru 4 stacked up ready to go. Hope to pick up some fuzz tricks.
I'll be able to try it out in a band context tomorrow but I'm using the left side of the KoT with low gain to boost volume and highs. I've tried all sorts of combinations and this seems to cut through the most. Unfortunately with any of these options it loses a lot of the characteristics of the fuzz. Can make some cool drive tones but the pedals I have aren't really transparent enough for fuzz I think. It makes the resulting tone fairly consistent which is not really what I want.

I think I'll give an EQ a go.

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

mule wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 pm
IMOCD wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:51 am

I'll be able to try it out in a band context tomorrow but I'm using the left side of the KoT with low gain to boost volume and highs. I've tried all sorts of combinations and this seems to cut through the most. Unfortunately with any of these options it loses a lot of the characteristics of the fuzz. Can make some cool drive tones but the pedals I have aren't really transparent enough for fuzz I think. It makes the resulting tone fairly consistent which is not really what I want.

I think I'll give an EQ a go.
the fuzz factory is a highly tweakable fuzz face...and in my experience, ymmv of course, will need to be as close to the guitar pickups as possible...try it first in the chain :) also, i often find the beauty of fuzz faces get lost when stacking them with ods...into a slighly dirty amp, that's where the magic happens...imo
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

mugamee wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:52 pm
the fuzz factory is a highly tweakable fuzz face...and in my experience, ymmv of course, will need to be as close to the guitar pickups as possible...try it first in the chain :) also, i often find the beauty of fuzz faces get lost when stacking them with ods...into a slighly dirty amp, that's where the magic happens...imo
Yeah that's what I'm finding. On its own it sounds great. The more dirt that comes after it the less interesting it is. If I can manage to get it over the mix with minimal change I'll be happy. I think the ideal solution would be to get the other guitarist to turn down, but that ain't happening :lol:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz