MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by MattAnt »

Slowy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 pm How many regular gigging people use modulation?
And what do you use?

I've come to think of it as more trouble than it's worth.
I keep my modulation to my delay repeats. Only mod I would actually use live is tremolo
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MattAnt »

StratMatt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:05 pm Fine choice with the Echosystem there!
Echosystem is already gone, very fine pedal but my criteria was it needed to replicate my settings on the nova delay and mljr. It couldn’t really do either of them so off it went. If I didn’t try and replicate those I would’ve happily kept it but those two are integral to my sound
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

MattAnt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 pm
Slowy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 pm How many regular gigging people use modulation?
And what do you use?

I keep my modulation to my delay repeats. Only mod I would actually use live is tremolo
I have delay phase and trem. But they are so tempo critical; a fraction out on their timing and everything sucks. In the heat of battle, with seconds between one song and the next, the odds of getting them right are slim.

Am I missing something?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:29 pm
And what do you use?

I have delay phase and trem. But they are so tempo critical; a fraction out on their timing and everything sucks. In the heat of battle, with seconds between one song and the next, the odds of getting them right are slim.

Am I missing something?
Yes. You're missing a helix or similar where everything can be timed to each other. Unless you like a hard life, oh yeah you do.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

And what do you use?

Most I used gigging was a modulated delay or two, needs to be subtle!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

I use modulation on my delay for subtle stuff a univibe and an electric mistress type flanger which I put before gain for more subtle stuff and after for more intense, I’m really getting into ambient reverb too.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

robthemac wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:25 pm
Voxshall wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:09 pm
Conway wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 pm Two Rock waiting list is 12 months + unfortunately. I have several that have been on order for about 8-9 months so far, but all but one have dibs on them.
What are you getting in?
Traditional Clean 40/20 combo. That's gonna start with a 6 or 7...
Correct. I think it'll be 7...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

And what do you use?

Am I missing something?
I struggle with this too. I like having separate pedals for all the thin-based effects, but it is soooo much easier to cover them all off with a multifx box. Hit the program setting and everything is right, inc levels and time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

And what do you use?

Am I missing something?
You have the mix too high and your delay repeats too long if its noticeable, it should all meld together, unless you actually need audible repeats for part of the song :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:03 pm

I struggle with this too. I like having separate pedals for all the thin-based effects, but it is soooo much easier to cover them all off with a multifx box. Hit the program setting and everything is right, inc levels and time.
This would work if the drummer was consistent with his tempo.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:28 pm

You have the mix too high and your delay repeats too long if its noticeable, it should all meld together, unless you actually need audible repeats for part of the song :)
Short repeats but high enough mix to hear it. Otherwise, why bother?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Ahhh I thought that might be misleading, its more that you want them super short so you don't hear the gaps between repeats so it sounds like it all sustains for ages as you play :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Ahhh I thought that might be misleading, its more that you want them super short so you don't hear the gaps between repeats so it sounds like it all sustains for ages as you play :)
I've got a Keeley compressor and a Freqout; it does sustain for ages.

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MattAnt »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 pm

😂

My delays are the opposite, very noticeable, decent gaps, rhythmic
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

MattAnt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 pm
Slowy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 pm

😂

My delays are the opposite, very noticeable, decent gaps, rhythmic
This, in stereo.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.