Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Starfire »

codedog wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:14 pm
Starfire wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:02 pm Do they just press fit onto the footswitch button?
Yup!
Cool. I've often wondered why the footswitch buttons weren't designed with a bigger area. Seems like a no-brainer really. Though I suppose it's never been an issue in 60-odd years of pedals.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Starfire wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Starfire wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:02 pm Do they just press fit onto the footswitch button?
Yup!
Cool. I've often wondered why the footswitch buttons weren't designed with a bigger area. Seems like a no-brainer really. Though I suppose it's never been an issue in 60-odd years of pedals.
I suppose Boss style ones were
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Starfire wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Yup!
They gotta fit through the 12mm hole you just drilled!
Nothing to see here.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Miza wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 pm They gotta fit through the 12mm hole you just drilled!
Fair point. :lol:

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

20210701_215145.jpg
20210701_215145.jpg (4.03 MiB) Viewed 3706 times
Here we go
I hope that photo loads
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Awesome.

Korg PB Tuner (ex TG) / Boss PEQ-3B / Boss BF-2B /
3Leaf Audio Proton / Wounded Paw Battering Ram v2.6 /
Tech21 Bass Chorus / Diamond Bass Comp (ex TmcB)/ Free The Tone BB OD.

it's remarkable how much OD changes pre Comp - post Comp. Still some fiddling to do.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Laying my board out again as it was a royal cluster and with L4 etc why not, except I haven't finished :(

Anyone else right handed but prefer the wah to left? I've tried it to the right, but moving it back.

IMG_20210906_171121_copy_1612x1209.jpg
IMG_20210906_171121_copy_1612x1209.jpg (514.94 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

chur wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 pm Laying my board out again as it was a royal cluster and with L4 etc why not, except I haven't finished :(

Anyone else right handed but prefer the wah to left? I've tried it to the right, but moving it back.

IMG_20210906_171121_copy_1612x1209.jpg
That is a board after my own heart. :thumbup:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Last pic - getting ripped apart this weekend.....

Board's set up specifically for AC30's. Switches 5 & 6 are setup as an ABY: one to the Normal Channel, one to the Top Boost Channel. Cornish TB83 is for the cranked normal channel (ah-la Brian May). The Triad is an incredible clone of the SDD3000 preamp (Edge, Lanois) used into the Top Boost Channel. OD1 doesn't get used much - it's just there to look cool.

Amps are cranked (with attenuators), gain controlled from the gat, so you don't really need much else.....
Attachments
IMG_9626.jpg
IMG_9626.jpg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 1972 times

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

murky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm Last pic - getting ripped apart this weekend.....
What TS plugs are those? Covered in heatshrink?

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

murky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm Last pic - getting ripped apart this weekend.....

Board's set up specifically for AC30's.

Amps are cranked (with attenuators), gain controlled from the gat, so you don't really need much else.....
Are you using stereo AC30s? Wet/dry or L+R? Much respect!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Board's set up specifically for AC30's. Switches 5 & 6 are setup as an ABY: one to the Normal Channel, one to the Top Boost Channel. Cornish TB83 is for the cranked normal channel (ah-la Brian May). The Triad is an incredible clone of the SDD3000 preamp (Edge, Lanois) used into the Top Boost Channel. OD1 doesn't get used much - it's just there to look cool.

Have you tried running a wet/dry rig simultaneously into both sides of a single AC30? So stereo reverb or delay, then dirty pedals --> top boost on one side, and straight from delay to Normal channel on the other side. Although not sure if you have independent gains on each channel in the AC30... hmmm.... Might try this on the Artisan 30 this weekend.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

JHorner wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 pm What TS plugs are those? Covered in heatshrink?
SP400 square plugs covered in 19mm double wall heat shrink (the stuff with the glue inside). Punch a hole maybe 6mm in from the edge for the plug. Pinch the tops with pliers, sticks together, cut off excess. Noticed that you can sometimes introduce noise (ground loop) if two un-insulated cases touch - hence why I'm using it.
IMG_9653.JPG
IMG_9653.JPG (2.64 MiB) Viewed 1920 times
clubhouse wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:05 pm
I've tried it, but nah, board's setup for mono signal only. The stereo stuff can sound pretty trippy in the room, but I like the simplicity and nakedness of mono. Not sure I even like using multiple amps in mono - it can get a bit "phasey" depending on the room and where you're standing etc. Besides, May, Edge, EVH all ran mono in the early days.

robthemac wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm
Have you tried running a wet/dry rig simultaneously into both sides of a single AC30? So stereo reverb or delay, then dirty pedals --> top boost on one side, and straight from delay to Normal channel on the other side. Although not sure if you have independent gains on each channel in the AC30... hmmm.... Might try this on the Artisan 30 this weekend.
I have, and it sounded like a great idea until I actually tried it! It's tricky - main issue is you can run into a whole lot of phase issues (e.g. the amp channels might be out of phase (e.g. the UK TBX), a pedal on one side might change the phase - maybe only by a little bit). The TB channel also tends to overpower the normal channel. The effect is also reduced by running back into a single power amp/set of speakers.

Concluded it was much better to find effects that have a good dry through, and a good internal mixer, and just use that. A lot of delay/verbs don't play nice into the front of a cranked amp - which I think is because the mix control wasn't designed to be sensitive at low settings - it needs to be low because you've got all that compression/gain happening in the amp. I must have gone through about 8 delays before settling on the Boss which has a huge range at the lower end of the mix (good old Boss eh!).

Try it on yours though, and let me know how it sounds!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

kdawg2a wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:13 am I've joined a band here in the states so I've had to put together a gigging pedal board kind of on the cheap.IMG_20210806_115407.jpgIMG_20210806_114148.jpgIMG_20210806_114207.jpg
I made the board itself but apart from the mxr power supply I bought everything else used from guitar center.

Korg pitch black ----- Way Huge green rhino overdrive ------ Tube screamer mini ------- Electro harmonix big muff ----- MXR phase 90 ------- TC Electronic prophet delay

Because I was watching my pennys I had to make some substitutes on what I really wanted. I have (and love) a catalinbread dls at home but they're hard to find second hand here so I'm using the Green Rhino instead. I'm pretty happy with that choice because it sounds great. The real revelation has been the Big Muff. I use it for solos and it nails that J Mascis lead tone especially since I'm using single coils.
I'm considering getting an Electro harmonix mono synth to finish the chain and help make squelchy computer sounds paired up with the BM.
Pretty happy with what this wee set up can pull off and all up I spent just over $400 USD. Not too shabby!
So you didn't join the Country band?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

murky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:09 pm
JHorner wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 pm What TS plugs are those? Covered in heatshrink?
SP400 square plugs covered in 19mm double wall heat shrink (the stuff with the glue inside). Punch a hole maybe 6mm in from the edge for the plug. Pinch the tops with pliers, sticks together, cut off excess. Noticed that you can sometimes introduce noise (ground loop) if two un-insulated cases touch - hence why I'm using it.

IMG_9653.JPG
clubhouse wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:05 pm
I've tried it, but nah, board's setup for mono signal only. The stereo stuff can sound pretty trippy in the room, but I like the simplicity and nakedness of mono. Not sure I even like using multiple amps in mono - it can get a bit "phasey" depending on the room and where you're standing etc. Besides, May, Edge, EVH all ran mono in the early days.
Ooooh...is there a NZ supplier for the SP400 jacks or did you import them? Please, where did you get that heat-shrink from?

I know what you mean about the phase issues. For years I ran a L+R stereo wet / dry centre rig. NZ SF 135w Twin + US '68 BF Super Reverb with a Marshall Lead 50 combo in centre for dry/dirt. That's a lot of speakers right there. Twin had JBL K120s, SR had 4x10" CTS alnicos and Marshall had Marshall branded G12s of some spec. Drove me nuts for a while until I figured out that the JBLs were out of phase with the rest of the rig! Things really got humming though when I acquired a US export SF Twin with JBL E120s and moved the SR centre, for dry.

I'm a bit the opposite of you...I like the enveloping, 3D, cushion of sound. We're the same about gassing the amps though. Let those buggers sing. More nuance and tones that way. Especially the dry/snarl. Control it with the guitar vol pot. Man, that rig filled the space...those JBLs are LOUD bastards!...really beamy up close though. Get off axis to them and things got weird. There was always a sweet spot onstage and I didn't move much from that.

The SR was superb for dry. Wind it up to 6 and the magic starts. Output valve compression (I ran NOS GEC KT66s) and sweet, sweet breakup, all controllable from the guitar vol pot. 4x10"s were fat and defined and punched a fist through the centre of the wobbles and wooshes. Damn, I wish I had the modulation pedals out now...ran a RE501 for chorus,delay and more reverb, Ibanez Flying Pan phaser, Boss Dimension C for fun all to L+R amps with '83? TS808 for dirt and a Roland BeeBaa AF100 for a dragstrip/oilier vibe to the centre SR. That rig could shift some air I tells ya.

Still got the bulk of it around...maybe I should hook it up and piss the neighbours off one morning...nah, I'm not that kind of dude. I'd pile up the pedals though and post a pic...but I never had a board :mental: