codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by codedog »

robthemac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 pm New set-up.

20220901_162108.jpg

Strymon Sunset is very cool. Two sides, each with two types of overdrive and a boost. Can run A into B, B into A, or A and B in parallel (i.e. blending both sides). But the best bet is that it's MIDI capable. So using the Boss ES-5, you can send a MIDI signal to tell the Sunset to recall a preset for that particular ES-5 program. No need to adjust gain and level every time you go to a different program.
Is that going into the Mesa Cali Tweed?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

codedog wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:57 pm
robthemac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 pm New set-up.

20220901_162108.jpg

Strymon Sunset is very cool. Two sides, each with two types of overdrive and a boost. Can run A into B, B into A, or A and B in parallel (i.e. blending both sides). But the best bet is that it's MIDI capable. So using the Boss ES-5, you can send a MIDI signal to tell the Sunset to recall a preset for that particular ES-5 program. No need to adjust gain and level every time you go to a different program.
Is that going into the Mesa Cali Tweed?
Cali Tweed and a Deluxe Reverb. Output from the ES5 goes into the Volante to stereoify it.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

That's the one frustrating thing about the ES5: no stereo capability. Would be great to be able to run a stereo delay through one of the loops, and to be able to use different ODs for each amp in each patch. Dialling in a pedal for the Cali Tweed seldom gives the perfect settings for the Deluxe Reverb. Would be good to say "I want the Tube Screamer to go to the Deluxe Reverb and the Fuzz to go to the Tweed".

Hell of a price jump to the stereo-capable ES8 or Gigrig switchers, though.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

robthemac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:59 pm That's the one frustrating thing about the ES5: no stereo capability. Would be great to be able to run a stereo delay through one of the loops, and to be able to use different ODs for each amp in each patch. Dialling in a pedal for the Cali Tweed seldom gives the perfect settings for the Deluxe Reverb. Would be good to say "I want the Tube Screamer to go to the Deluxe Reverb and the Fuzz to go to the Tweed".

You need one of these. (Which I have and don’t particularly need…)

http://musicomlab.com/efx-le2.htm

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

HackSaw wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:17 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:59 pm That's the one frustrating thing about the ES5: no stereo capability. Would be great to be able to run a stereo delay through one of the loops, and to be able to use different ODs for each amp in each patch. Dialling in a pedal for the Cali Tweed seldom gives the perfect settings for the Deluxe Reverb. Would be good to say "I want the Tube Screamer to go to the Deluxe Reverb and the Fuzz to go to the Tweed".

You need one of these. (Which I have and don’t particularly need…)

http://musicomlab.com/efx-le2.htm
That looks like it'd do the trick. Whaddaya want for it?

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Still have the iridium?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

HackSaw wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:52 am Still have the iridium?
Yep...

Pvt. Ryan
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Pvt. Ryan »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm Spent most of this morning fiddling around with my board, was good to spend some time with both of the Flanger’s I’ve recently acquired. The Strymon is great, can’t see that leaving the stable anytime soon but the old EHX Electric Mistress is on a different level and really is something else. It’s liquidy smooth and while I like both of them the EHX absolutely has something about it that the Strymon lacks
It's good to see the Strymon Orbit on board :)

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by Dharmajester »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm the EHX absolutely has something about it that the Strymon lacks
That's the sound of authenticity :thumbup:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Totally agree, out of the three flangers that I have owned the Strymon would be in bronze position. The Electric Mistress is the clear winner by a country mile and also I'd put the ThorpyFX Camoflange ahead of the Strymon Orbit
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Two pedalboards from this weekend.

"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Kev77 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:28 pm Two pedalboards from this weekend.

Ooooooh is that your Golden Reverberator? And does it sound half as good as the demos?

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

Nah neither are my boards. It sounds pretty convincing, it’s esp good for intimate sounding verbs rather that massive wall of verb toans
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Kev77 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:34 pm Nah neither are my boards. It sounds pretty convincing, it’s esp good for intimate sounding verbs rather that massive wall of verb toans
Did you play around with the spring setting? It's where the Flint falls a little short for me. Doesn't drip right.

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

Nah it was hall and plate mostly, I’ll check and let you know