robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by robthemac »

dethken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 am Thanks Rob. Yeah love it. Lots to tweak and the sound is excellent and top notch quality. I came from a TC Flashback so this was a step up. I only use a handful of presets so haven't gone the midi route... yet.
robthemac wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:26 am
dethken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 am Hi friends, fairly new around these parts. This is my DIY pedalboard made from MDF, rattle can black and some industrial Velcro from Bunnings :lol: I run this into a Fender ML212 which sounds fantastic. Axe of choice is a Tele. I also use a Les Paul for heavier songs. All powered by a Cioks 7 :thumbup:

Looks good. How do you find the Future Factory?
Nice work. Is it reasonably approachable when you're dialing in a sound? I've got the Volante, which is probably the main competitor.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

dethken
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by dethken »

I'm not familiar with the Volante so I can't compare. I'm sure they each have their strengths. The FF-1Y is definitely easy to tweak the sound as all the parameters are right in front of you. The learning curve isn't too high and no extra apps or pc needed.
robthemac wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:32 pm
dethken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 am Thanks Rob. Yeah love it. Lots to tweak and the sound is excellent and top notch quality. I came from a TC Flashback so this was a step up. I only use a handful of presets so haven't gone the midi route... yet.
robthemac wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:26 am

Looks good. How do you find the Future Factory?
Nice work. Is it reasonably approachable when you're dialing in a sound? I've got the Volante, which is probably the main competitor.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

dethken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 am Hi friends, fairly new around these parts. This is my DIY pedalboard made from MDF, rattle can black and some industrial Velcro from Bunnings :lol: I run this into a Fender ML212 which sounds fantastic. Axe of choice is a Tele. I also use a Les Paul for heavier songs. All powered by a Cioks 7 :thumbup:
Hey, man…nice to meet you and your well tidy board. What’s the signal chain order? The Sonic Research tuners have a really good rep…do you have any experience with Polytunes or Strobostomps to offer a comparitive review? I’m in the market (looking at a Strobostomp) but still a little undecided between the 3 choices.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:29 pm
Hey, man…nice to meet you and your well tidy board. What’s the signal chain order? The Sonic Research tuners have a really good rep…do you have any experience with Polytunes or Strobostomps to offer a comparitive review? I’m in the market (looking at a Strobostomp) but still a little undecided between the 3 choices.
Calling @jeremyb

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I've owned TU-2 / TU-3 / Pitchblack (multiple) / Pitchblack Poly (multiple) / Polytune (multiple) and have recently got the Strobostomp HD, it destroys everything else before it, its so fast to tune with, the huge display is amazing, and the sweetened tuning mode sounds way better to my ears :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

I sell Polytunes. Get the Strobostomp.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

dethken
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by dethken »

Cheers man. Thanks for noticing, I went total nerd on keeping the thing tidy.

Regarding tuners, from my research the Sonic Research won out above the others for these factors: For setting up guitars it has the best speed and accuracy (0.02 cents vs Strobo's 0.1 and Polytune's 0.05), it's small, heavy duty and black, and the best bit is the super bright LED. Takes a bit of time to get used to using the ring visual but once you get it, it's the best. I'd recommend the mini ST-300 if you go this route.

The signal chain:

Pre buffer:

Friedman Wah
CB Preamp Mkii (because Fuzz)

Post buffer:

Wampler Tumnus (this boosts the Plexi Dlx really well)
Wampler Plexi Dlx (this stacks with the BE-OD Ch1 surprisingly really well)
Friedman BE-OD Dlx (my fav pedal)
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Xotic EP Boost (always on)
CB Gravitas
Future Factory FF-1Y
Strymon Flint

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

dethken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:20 pm Friedman BE-OD Dlx (my fav pedal)
SAME.

Welcome :thumbup:

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Pedalboard update... and NPD :)

Added since last time... DIY Iridescence delay, TC Nova Modulator (ex Slowy), and a today a spankers 'Hotone Soul Press II' wah/vol/exp courtesy of Andersons. Reshuffle means a barely used Immerse MkII verb makes the board too... Yay. PBoard is a really compact Mooer 2-tiered jobbie, fantastic little thing. CS7 underneath. Thanks to jeremyb for the cool switch covers! :thumbup:

🎸>Soulpress>TU2>CP1X>Drop>TS808clone>Cinders>GE7>NovaMod>Iridescence>SHOclone>Immerse>Amp

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

If that Immerse remains barely used... Dibs.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

robthemac wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:08 pm If that Immerse remains barely used... Dibs.
Noted

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Board update:

Got a CS6 to put under the board, then added a MSA Fuzz Bender from Reg on the board.

Now also have the stomp in 4cm with the Terror.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

Latest, relatively final, build:
C289C72C-D5B3-4C73-A9AC-A20643934DAF.jpeg
C289C72C-D5B3-4C73-A9AC-A20643934DAF.jpeg (4.48 MiB) Viewed 1259 times

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Question.

I have a mono-only effects switcher but three stereo time/modulation effects pedals. I want use the effects switcher to control everything using presets.

Can I have all the gain stages in the loops of the effect switcher, and the stereo pedals chained after the effects switcher output, but controlled by MIDI outputs from the switcher?

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

hercules wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:08 pm Latest, relatively final, build:
LOL