robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by robthemac »

Do you find different sounds in the Memory Lane compared to the Iridium? Would have thought the Studio setting with judicious use of wear and mechanics could get pretty close.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Count to 5, EPIC! What are your thoughts on it???
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 am Do you find different sounds in the Memory Lane compared to the Iridium? Would have thought the Studio setting with judicious use of wear and mechanics could get pretty close.
Hey do you mean the Volante?

I actually have both specifically to make different sounds, so haven’t spent a lot of time trying to achieve that. But I am absolutely certain it could be done - the tweakability is pretty amazing and it could be recalled with Midi.
jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:05 am Count to 5, EPIC! What are your thoughts on it???
It’s one of a kind. Hard to use, but has a lot of charisma and charm. Love it.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

hercules wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:32 pm
robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 am Do you find different sounds in the Memory Lane compared to the Iridium? Would have thought the Studio setting with judicious use of wear and mechanics could get pretty close.
Hey do you mean the Volante?

I actually have both specifically to make different sounds, so haven’t spent a lot of time trying to achieve that. But I am absolutely certain it could be done - the tweakability is pretty amazing and it could be recalled with Midi.

Yep that's what I mean. Iridium and Memory Lane don't cover particularly similar ground.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by The Dude »

AiRdAd wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:16 am
The Dude wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 pm Thanks for the welcomes. I’ve yet to make a riser for the back row of pedals (Fulltone Supa Trem, Red Panda Tensor, Boss DD-8, Klinger Fuzz) but that’s in limbo a bit until I can sort some more RA RCA jacks for power. It’s all good fun though. Learning lots along the way. Soldering and heat shrink are cool :)

Another thing. Is it ok to chain the power supplies for digital pedals together or do they need individually isolated supplies for each pedal?
Welcome to the forum. Regarding daisy chaining... it depends on the current draw of each individual pedal in the chain. Make sure the combined pedal current draw doesn't exceed the output of the power supply. :-)
jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:48 am The dude abides.

I have run a mix of daisy chains and single cables from an isolated supply for many years, as Danny said it comes down to current draw on each output, but also some pedals will just get noisy on a daisy chain and need their own output, also in rare cases you might have a pedal with +ve ground like some fuzzes which require an isolated output of their own.
Thanks for the welcomes. I checked the current draw totals and pin orientations (all pin -ve) and have a daisy chain to power all the analogue pedals (Snouse BB, Timmy, Supa Trem, JHS Emperor and Klinger Buzz Fuzz) off the 800 mA supply output of the Cioks so should be well covered. Am I right in thinking the digital pedals are more fussy about ‘clean’ power supply and best run on their own isolated supply from the Cioks? I have enough individual supplies on the Cioks at the right amps for my current pedals but I might want to run another digital pedal as a daisy chained side-car to this board in the future.

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg

Post by The Dude »

Miza wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:09 am Nice board Dude; really pulls the room together.

I can't help with RA plugs, but I've made my own cables for my Cioks DC10 from old audio cables. Easy enough, just need to remember the Cioks outputs are centre + and (most) pedals are centre - so you need to flip the cable when you join it up.

Looks like straight RCA plugs would still fit? Or would that ruin the aesthetics?
Thanks. Yeah, beats having to keep it all in my bowling bag. I just hope no one decides to micturate all over it.

Far out! I was going to test everything before throwing the switch but I didn’t know that about Cioks outputs. I’ve tested the ones I’ve made up and they were all centre +ve! My pedals are all centre -ve! You’ve saved me a lot of heart-ache :thumbup:
Straight RCAs would do but would seriously mess with my OCD and my need to keep my cabling as tidy as possible. As my dad says, “the guitar geeks at the show are going to scan the talent boxes, not the cables, so show ‘em off dude” :lol:

The Dude
Stagg
Stagg

Post by The Dude »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:43 am BOTH Source Audio Eqs, wow that's a first!

Welcome our Dude, we abide. Well that's just, like, your pedlaboard, man.
Thanks. Lots of abiding going on here. And yeah, obviously I’m not a golfer :thumbup:

I use 2 presets on the SA170 to balance the level difference between my Gretsch and LP Jnr and the other 2 to optionally tweak the eq and clean boost slightly each guitar. I have my drive pedals in a loop in the EQ2 which has presets for a variety of pre and/or post drive eq settings to maximise my drive sounds with what I have. One setting is a massive clean boost just to shut Donny up :D

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The RCA thing puts me off those supplies, annoying as!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Speakos »

hercules wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:40 am Made a few tweaks. The Benson fuzz is still on there but currently for sale...after last night, though, I am having some second thoughts.

Signal chain:
Fasel Wah > Benson Germanium Fuzz > ES8 > Bondi Sick As > Drybell Vibe Machine > Benson Germanium Boost > Origin Cali76 > JAM Harmonious Monk > Memory Lane > Volante > Walrus Slö > MTL Count to 5 > Mesa Mark V.

IMG_4670.jpg
Great shot!

Mr Bungle
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Mr Bungle »

ALTOIDS wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:31 pm My new pedalboard.
I don't expect to change this unless I came across a Fairfield Circuitry compressor or an interesting fuzz mini pedal. :)

IMG_9620.png

Pedal chain: Korg Tuner -> Compressor Mini -> Tumnus -> Clusterfuzz -> Phase 95 -> Analog Delay -> Ditto.
I usually have compressor, tumnus and delay always on.

Pedalboard: Rockboard Duo 2.1
Powersupply: 1 Spot Pro CS 6
Nice. My Tumnus arrived last week. Think I'll tape over the led as well. It's blinding!

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:44 pm The RCA thing puts me off those supplies, annoying as!!
Absolute PITA. A blight on an otherwise great PS.

I gather its a "you have to buy our cables" sorta thing?
Nothing to see here.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Miza wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:34 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:44 pm The RCA thing puts me off those supplies, annoying as!!
Absolute PITA. A blight on an otherwise great PS.

I gather its a "you have to buy our cables" sorta thing?
Exactly that!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

A few fun toys to play with :-)
Attachments
F3E912B8-9403-41B3-B90D-11BC31FFB3A0.jpeg
F3E912B8-9403-41B3-B90D-11BC31FFB3A0.jpeg (4.35 MiB) Viewed 17537 times

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Current iteration. Always seem to be changing the no2 position in my drives, never satisfied.
20220924_073441.jpg
20220924_073441.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 17410 times

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Jops wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:50 am Current iteration. Always seem to be changing the no2 position in my drives, never satisfied.

20220924_073441.jpg
Cheeky little Hotcake peeping out.