Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1107 times
Been liked: 1423 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by robthemac »

Miza wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:44 am
robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:25 am Would prefer the delay at the end of the chain (just before the looper) but this is the only way I could win at Tetris. Also the dual-mono-to-stereo cable limits things bit.
Very cool. I like the idea of sending different drives to each amp.
Does your tuner have 2 outputs, like the Boss TU2?
No, which is why I need to have one of the three stereo pedals near the beginning of the chain. It's purely a matter of board space and cable length as to where the rest go.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

Can you hide a small pedal under your board? Like a buffer with 2 outputs after the tuner?
Nothing to see here.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Miza wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:54 am Can you hide a small pedal under your board? Like a buffer with 2 outputs after the tuner?
Yeah, probably could actually! Will have a look into that.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:19 am Dan and Mick did a good episode on wet-dry rigs recently. Decided to rewire my board to give it a go. Here's the result:
HOWZ THE NOIZE?

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:19 am Dan and Mick did a good episode on wet-dry rigs recently. Decided to rewire my board to give it a go. Here's the result:
Nice. I'm a bit confuzzled though. Looking at your diagram, isn't more like a dual mono setup? Looks like wet fx go to both amps. Or am I reading it wrong?

No ground loops or phase issues?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:47 pm
Nice. I'm a bit confuzzled though. Looking at your diagram, isn't more like a dual mono setup? Looks like wet fx go to both amps. Or am I reading it wrong?

Yeah, this is true. I just use it as clean/dirty, rather than true wet/dry.

It's quiet as and sounds in-phase to me, but I don't have anything to switch phase to test it.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

murky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:41 pm
HOWZ THE NOIZE?
Bloody good, to be honest.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:56 pm

It's quiet as and sounds in-phase to me, but I don't have anything to switch phase to test it.
Sweet. I love 2 amp setups. :thumbup:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm experimenting with a mid-humped drive on one side and a scooped distortion on the other. Sits nicely with each other. Joe B talked about this with having Tweed/BF setups.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by murky »

robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:57 pm
murky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:41 pm
HOWZ THE NOIZE?
Bloody good, to be honest.
Curious. Would have thought at minimum there’d be some ground hum running two amps from the looper (I’m assuming it doesn’t have isolated out(s)). All those stereo pedals must be well designed too.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

robthemac wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:07 pm
IMOCD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm experimenting with a mid-humped drive on one side and a scooped distortion on the other. Sits nicely with each other. Joe B talked about this with having Tweed/BF setups.
What's the scooped distortion you're using? Great set up, by the way. Love multi amp rigs, especially if they're quiet :thumbup:

After months of trying to track down an earth loop hum on a wet/dry rig I ran, I gave up. Amp tech guy suggested I lift the earth pin on the power board I ran both the amps from which worked a treat until I let the guitar player from a support band use my rig. Before I realised, he had only plugged into ONE amp, started to sing...with his lips against the mic...and subsequently suffered a mild, but unsurprisingly shocking, shock :lolno: :oops: sorry.

ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by ReidySetGo »

In need of a modulation pedal/s where the Double Hotcake is. I'm very much in the hate modulation when I use it and like it when others do crowd. I was thinking of possibly a Grand Orbiter or something along those lines.
Have chorus covered thanks to the JC120.

If anyone has any recommendations or is selling anything let me know!

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

ReidySetGo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:20 pm In need of a modulation pedal/s where the Double Hotcake is. I'm very much in the hate modulation when I use it and like it when others do crowd. I was thinking of possibly a Grand Orbiter or something along those lines.

I have a Big Noise vibe, a Phase90 and a Dr Scientist stereo tremolessence. PM me if interested. :thumbup:

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Or just rig a delay with modulation and just use the modulation?
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by murky »

ReidySetGo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:20 pm In need of a modulation pedal/s where the Double Hotcake is. I'm very much in the hate modulation when I use it and like it when others do crowd. I was thinking of possibly a Grand Orbiter or something along those lines.

Try using the DD500 - delay time right down, mix up. Adjust modulation to taste. Each delay model has a different flavour modulation, so try them all. Also the delay setting can be adjusted a few ms for a different chorus type sound.

I'm in the same camp as you, but the DD500 does enough to scratch the itch.....