Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sunburster
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by sunburster »

I use the Flint mainly for the Tremolo, which I prefer BEFORE delay. I will occasionally use its Reverb, but not much because it's in the middle of the chain. I do stack the Big Sky and Immerse MKII reverbs at times (usually a Cloud sound on the Big Sky into a Hall sound on the Immerse), they sound great together for big, lush tones. But usually I use one or the other because I like the sounds in each for different things.

Immerse MKII stays at the end of the chain because it sums to mono (unlike the Big Sky!), which I found I really need on my pedalboard (though I usually play through two amps, I do like to be able to play through one and not have to rewire my board when I do so). It also has a nice buffer built-in that you can't turn off. I tried having the Big Sky at the end and it sounded like crap when I plugged into a single amp -- it just becomes a boomy mess of a sound because you're only hearing the left (or right) output of a stereo signal.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

sunburster wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:38 am I moved up to a Pedaltrain Classic 2 (from a Classic 1), got rid of some pedals and added some new ones, such as the Gilamondo phaser and Polytune 3 mini.

This is everything I need, so I'm hopefully done now. Really enjoying all of these pedals. Also the predominantly black/blue/green colour scheme, which was not intentional, but I like the look!

Signal path: Polytune 3 Mini > TS Mini > Loomer > Wrath > Gilamondo > PS-2 > Ola > Flint > DD-500 > Timeline > Big Sky > Immerse MKII

Power: Eventide Powermax + Powermini Expander (both mounted on the underside).
Wonderful! How do you like the Wrath? I dig mine alot. I also use a Neunaber last in the chain for mono-summing. I like to be able to play through one amp or two amps without messing with cables too. Eactly the same mindset as yours. Great minds and all that :)

Do you use the buffer on the tuner? I might upgrade my Polytune Mini from V1 to V3 for it.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Ooh Keeley Loomer, much jealous. Nice board.
Loving it so far

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

I go back and forth with the buffer on the Polytune 3 Mini. Recently I've been keeping it off, but I often think it sounds a bit better with the TS mini and Wrath (but not the Loomer's Fuzz). Nice to be able to switch it on and off easily. The Boss PS-2 has a great buffer so I'm OK with having that drive the signal after the dirt, if need be.

The Wrath is great, it's basically an '80s Whiteface RAT and Turbo RAT in one, with the Ruetz mod (which I don't use).

The Loomer is the best Fuzz I've found, which is why I keep it. I never use the reverb side. The Fuzz is amazing; being able to switch from full, flat, and scoop EQ at the flick of a switch is so useful, and it just sounds great.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Yes I have a Wrath too. I use the switch in the left position, whatever setting that is (do you know?).

I find the switch in the right position, although giving you tonnes more volume it actually clips and caves-in on hard hitting chords, especially with humbuckers. You could describe it as "sag" where the notes kind of shut down initially and then bloom back - and I guess that makes it more "amp-like" - but it actually messes with your dynamics as you have to increase the overall volume to compensate for the sag.

Does your Wrath behave like that?

I never knew Rats were like that. I have a vintage Rat but it's much tighter.

It's cool but it seems like the Wrath could benefit from some additional headroom.

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by Optical »

StratMatt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm Image

NPD - Meris Polymoon

This is one hell of a pedal, its gonna take me a while remember what all the knobs do but there is so many sounds in there.

Chain is: Wah - > Whammy DT - > TU3 - > Ego - > Archer - > Hoof - > TS mini - > M9 - > El Capistan - > Polymoon - > stereo out to Laney/DSL50

It's really cool to build a loop on the M9 and then tweak away on the El Cap and the Polymoon. I was going to use the M9 for everything including reverb, but it didn't really work so great as the final pedal. Modulation after the delays just turns into a bit of a mess.

Would like to add an Ottobit (look this up super cool) swap the TS mini for an EQD Dunes and probably a Ventris or Collider at the end.
How do you like the M9?
I have the M13 and think it's in a league of it's own for providing such flexibility to switch fx types and orders on the fly

ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by ReidySetGo »

NPD - Meris Polymoon

This is one hell of a pedal, its gonna take me a while remember what all the knobs do but there is so many sounds in there.

Chain is: Wah - > Whammy DT - > TU3 - > Ego - > Archer - > Hoof - > TS mini - > M9 - > El Capistan - > Polymoon - > stereo out to Laney/DSL50

It's really cool to build a loop on the M9 and then tweak away on the El Cap and the Polymoon. I was going to use the M9 for everything including reverb, but it didn't really work so great as the final pedal. Modulation after the delays just turns into a bit of a mess.

Would like to add an Ottobit (look this up super cool) swap the TS mini for an EQD Dunes and probably a Ventris or Collider at the end.
Cool to see my old Hoof bouncing around. The perfect Russian Muff Clone I think.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Optical wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:19 pm

NPD - Meris Polymoon

How do you like the M9?
I have the M13 and think it's in a league of it's own for providing such flexibility to switch fx types and orders on the fly
The M9 is such good value for money. Mods and delays are great and the Looper is excellent too. Its a good catch-all pedal for things I probably would want to buy a dedicated pedal for.
Loving it so far

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm Yes I have a Wrath too. I use the switch in the left position, whatever setting that is (do you know?).

I find the switch in the right position, although giving you tonnes more volume it actually clips and caves-in on hard hitting chords, especially with humbuckers. You could describe it as "sag" where the notes kind of shut down initially and then bloom back - and I guess that makes it more "amp-like" - but it actually messes with your dynamics as you have to increase the overall volume to compensate for the sag.

Does your Wrath behave like that?

I never knew Rats were like that. I have a vintage Rat but it's much tighter.

It's cool but it seems like the Wrath could benefit from some additional headroom.
The switch on the left is standard RAT silicone clipping diodes. If you turn it to the right it's now a Turbo RAT, which has red LED clipping diodes, producing a very different sound. Depending on the guitar and amp, one will probably sound better, but I use both with my gear. Turbo RAT sound is louder and harsher with more complexity, and it can be harder to control. If you are finding it clips and caves-in too much, turn down the gain and/or level until it smooths out. Otherwise stick to the switch on the left which is like a vintage RAT.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Okay, so as of yesterday I've made the jump to digital to handle a good portion of my effects. Have barely skimmed the surface with the Gigboard but I've created a rig that's working well (delay, vibe, rotary, phaser, chorus and a rather nice cavernous shimmer)

PEDALBOARD • GUITAR → WAH → FULLTONE ULTIMATE OCTAVE/FUZZ → MARSHALL GUV'NOR → BOSS GE-7

I still love the vintage gear but this new setup will take some beating...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7734 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

Welcome back Jim!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1107 times
Been liked: 1423 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:45 am Welcome back Jim!!
Deleted
Last edited by robthemac on Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7734 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:16 pm
We're waiting for Season 4 of the Les Paul dramas.
I don't feel like this is particularly helpful comment, lets not scare him away again eh! :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1107 times
Been liked: 1423 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:55 pm
robthemac wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:16 pm
We're waiting for Season 4 of the Les Paul dramas.
I don't feel like this is particularly helpful comment, lets not scare him away again eh! :thumbup:
Fair enough, my apologies to Jim.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

sunburster wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:38 am This is everything I need, so I'm hopefully done now.
I used to laugh when people said this regarding pedalboards, but I've had the same pedalboard for 10 years now so I can testify it is actually possible to find an end to the pedal madness.