Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by KNNZ »

Conway wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:44 pm Image
Impressive collection of Spaceman effects!! How do you like them? love to hear in person how they sound :clap:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Cheers Keon, there's 3 more on my #2 board and 3 in transit from various places in the US (off Reverb). You'll have to come over when we get out of level3 lockdown.

Also, seeing my old PRS in your avatar pic gives me feelings of regret...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

jimi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:02 am Very modest pedalboard for moi, but it brings me much joy-o :mental:
How do you find the Sirius and what sort of stuff do you use it for?

I scored one in a trade, being keen on NZ made stuff, especially with a forum connection, but found its too much fuzz for me.
Been playing with it some more today, definitely favours a slightly dirty amp, sounds really great in that configuration!! Also I did a bit of reading on the baxandall EQ and that helped me dial in the tone I wanted, basically the controls let you move the peak of the EQ, so setting bass and treble to zero makes it peak in the mids, and dialling in either moves it in that direction, at least I think that's the jist of it, seems to make sense!

I ran my harmonic percolator into it for some savage tones, but even just the Sirius on its own has some searing sustain, so good!! Into a really clean amp it sounds a bit thin, but I've always maintained fuzz pedals need a bit of grit in the amp to shine!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

When your one new pedal is so tasty is your current pedalboard.

I got this in a trade , the guy thought it was dead. Turns out it was a very minor issue and it needed to be run @ 15 volts or higher. These are unobtainable and we’re only sold domestically in Japan.
It doesn’t do much, but it does that thing so well.

The blue flip echo from the same series in one of my favourite delays of all time, and this one is way up
There. I just wish I had the quiff to go with slap back vibes
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

This is my pedal board circa 2010 or there about. I count eight delays onboard.
The only pedal I still have is the flip echo, which I repurchased after foolishly sold. Half of it is DIY

"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

IMG20200906145049_copy_800x600.jpg
IMG20200906145049_copy_800x600.jpg (242.1 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Had some fun today re-arranging pedal order. Yes, I know, demerit points for the coloured cables, but that is all the Shop of Rock had when I went in. I plan on replacing them with klotz once I've settled on pedal order.
Goes: tuner - fuzz - alter ego - philosopher - box of rock - trem - phaser - timmy - ce-5.
Absolutely loving the alter ego before drives, very dynamic and old school sounding, especially the EP3 setting. Having the Timmy where it is gives me the option to have the trem and phaser either pre or post drive as I like it both ways. It also provides some final tone shaping. Ce-5 is stereo out to a Vox ac4hw and a Laney L5T. That'll do me for a few weeks I'm sure. :wink:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

NPD - Meris Polymoon

This is one hell of a pedal, its gonna take me a while remember what all the knobs do but there is so many sounds in there.

Chain is: Wah - > Whammy DT - > TU3 - > Ego - > Archer - > Hoof - > TS mini - > M9 - > El Capistan - > Polymoon - > stereo out to Laney/DSL50

It's really cool to build a loop on the M9 and then tweak away on the El Cap and the Polymoon. I was going to use the M9 for everything including reverb, but it didn't really work so great as the final pedal. Modulation after the delays just turns into a bit of a mess.

Would like to add an Ottobit (look this up super cool) swap the TS mini for an EQD Dunes and probably a Ventris or Collider at the end.
Loving it so far

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

StratMatt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm Image

NPD - Meris Polymoon

This is one hell of a pedal, its gonna take me a while remember what all the knobs do but there is so many sounds in there.

Chain is: Wah - > Whammy DT - > TU3 - > Ego - > Archer - > Hoof - > TS mini - > M9 - > El Capistan - > Polymoon - > stereo out to Laney/DSL50

It's really cool to build a loop on the M9 and then tweak away on the El Cap and the Polymoon. I was going to use the M9 for everything including reverb, but it didn't really work so great as the final pedal. Modulation after the delays just turns into a bit of a mess.

Would like to add an Ottobit (look this up super cool) swap the TS mini for an EQD Dunes and probably a Ventris or Collider at the end.
Hey, how's the polymoon working out for you? Learned to drive it yet? :wink:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm
StratMatt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm Image

NPD - Meris Polymoon

Hey, how's the polymoon working out for you? Learned to drive it yet? :wink:
Not even close :lol: I printed the manual off so I'm keeping that handy. Every parameter is just so responsive.
Loving it so far

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

:crazy: It looks pretty deep! I take it you've seen The PedalZone's review on it - he is one talented dude. He's got me gassing real bad for a Boss SY1. Now that would be fun with the polymoon.....

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:16 pm :crazy: It looks pretty deep! I take it you've seen The PedalZone's review on it - he is one talented dude. He's got me gassing real bad for a Boss SY1. Now that would be fun with the polymoon.....
He's great eh, I haven't seen his SY-1 video actually, I'll check it out. Its probably much easier to drive than the Meris Enzo.
Loving it so far

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

I moved up to a Pedaltrain Classic 2 (from a Classic 1), got rid of some pedals and added some new ones, such as the Gilamondo phaser and Polytune 3 mini.

This is everything I need, so I'm hopefully done now. Really enjoying all of these pedals. Also the predominantly black/blue/green colour scheme, which was not intentional, but I like the look!

Signal path: Polytune 3 Mini > TS Mini > Loomer > Wrath > Gilamondo > PS-2 > Ola > Flint > DD-500 > Timeline > Big Sky > Immerse MKII

Power: Eventide Powermax + Powermini Expander (both mounted on the underside).

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Nice! What's the idea behind having the DD-500 and Timeline on the same board?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

I use both together to stack delays, but I will also use one at a time because I like the different delay sounds in each for different songs. You can't get anything in the Timeline to sound quite like the Vintage Digital (or Tera Echo) setting in the DD-500, for example, but the Timeline has Ice mode and really warm and lush pattern, dbucket and dual delay sounds you can't get in the DD-500. I also love the lofi engine in the Timeline -- Turn off all the mod/grit/filter, set the delay to 16 bit and 32~48khz and it sounds better than anything in the Dig (which I had, but sold), but still not quite as clear and percussive as Vintage Digital in the DD-500.

Sometimes I will use one as a looper and the other as the delay, since they both have good loopers built in.

Lots of possibilities!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Similar question re: reverb. Flint and Big Sky?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.