Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Bg »

the baby boom is a really great reverb :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

ALTOIDS
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by ALTOIDS »

Bg wrote:the baby boom is a really great reverb :)
Yes! It is. For the money you pay it’s a very good deal.
Curiously strong mints.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

My board:

Conway's board:

What's the difference between the white and the black Pomeroy's, or are they exactly the same apart from the colour?

JustMatt
Gibson
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by JustMatt »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:My board:

Conway's board:

What's the difference between the white and the black Pomeroy's, or are they exactly the same apart from the colour?
Just the colour.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Small board was too crowded. Now that it's cold enough to wear shoes, I was kicking 2 pedals on at the same time. Spread them out on the big board and made up another one suited to a birthday party/jam coming up in a couple of weeks.

Have to say Timmy + Archer is a very tasty combination.

Does the Grand Canyon tickle anybody's GAS bone? It's great but doesn't fit the Slowy, 'Twist'n'Stomp' operating criteria.
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG (642.99 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Slowy wrote:Small board was too crowded. Now that it's cold enough to wear shoes, I was kicking 2 pedals on at the same time. Spread them out on the big board and made up another one suited to a birthday party/jam coming up in a couple of weeks.

Have to say Timmy + Archer is a very tasty combination.

Does the Grand Canyon tickle anybody's GAS bone? It's great but doesn't fit the Slowy, 'Twist'n'Stomp' operating criteria.
IMG_3470.JPG
Timmy is such a great pedal. Great for stacking. TS-9 > Timmy also sounds amazing.
Wish I'd never sold mine (especially when I see the prices they go for now on Reverb). :roll:
Nothing to see here.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Miza wrote: TS-9 > Timmy also sounds amazing.
Wish I'd never sold mine (especially when I see the prices they go for now on Reverb). :roll:
Holy shit! Bought mine new; cost $140. :crazy:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Well this took about two hours to wire up, but worth every minute.

I almost exclusively play electric guitar over backing tracks these days. With a baby on the way and probably having to downsize our whare, I've gone for a compact all-in-one modelling setup. The Iridium arrived Friday and I got a chance to have a play with it today. Set it up with boost, tremolo and drive before it, delay, reverb and loop after it. Only played on the Fender setting so far, but first impressions are that it is every bit as good as the reviews suggest. Very possibly sell-all-my-real-amps good. Will give it a few weeks to decide though.

Downsides? The EchoRec setting on my delay now has a weird metallic edge. I'll need to get build some custom patch cables to tidy things up. Had to buy it from the USA because they have been so hard to get. That's about it so far.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Trying to add photos but struggling...Image
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Wow... a mixer on a pedalboard. Can't say I've seen that before! Is that powered by the same unit as the rest of the board?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

codedog wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:33 pm Wow... a mixer on a pedalboard. Can't say I've seen that before! Is that powered by the same unit as the rest of the board?
Unfortunately not at the moment. It is 9V 500mA, but what looks like a proprietary jack. Might be possible.

I spent a long time trying to work out how I could have the Iridium running into a loop pedal and retaining the ability to play over backing tracks, all through headphones. There were a couple of custom-built pedal options, but a mixer seemed to be the sensible solution. Also handy for the (very occasional) gig that I do.

ALTOIDS
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by ALTOIDS »

My updated mini(ish) pedal board
TS Mini -> 850 Fuzz -> Trike Fuzz -> Vox Wah -> Mosky Spring Reverb -> Ditto

I want to replace the Wah & Trike fuzz with mini pedals but still looking for good alternatives.
Curiously strong mints.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by IMOCD »

IMG_3470.JPG[/quote]
Timmy is such a great pedal. Great for stacking. TS-9 > Timmy also sounds amazing.
[/quote]

:crazy: . Rightly so too. I bought mine a few years ago now (from Troy, I believe) and its been the one constant on my board, love it to bits. Currently stacking with a box of rock and baltic blue fuzz (ex conway), but sadly, just in the last week or so its developed a nasty noise and I'm wondering if its linked to a pot that has lost all its resistance when you turn it. Hmmm.....

ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by ReidySetGo »

Added a DM-2W to the board. Will probably call it a day for a bit until a Grand Orbiter comes up somewhere... Image
Boss TU-3 -> Diamond Compressor -> Digitech Whammy II -> Bananana Mandela -> Zvex Fuzz Factory -> Boss Keeley Modded BD-2 -> smallsound/bigsound Mini -> Proco 85 Reissue Whiteface RAT -> Boss DD-500 -> Boss DM-2W -> smallsound/bigsound Fuck

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

ALTOIDS wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm My updated mini(ish) pedal board
TS Mini -> 850 Fuzz -> Trike Fuzz -> Vox Wah -> Mosky Spring Reverb -> Ditto

I want to replace the Wah & Trike fuzz with mini pedals but still looking for good alternatives.
Mini cry baby wah are excellent pedals...I think mine sounds better than my full size one, for whatever reason.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves