Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

NPD! GFI Tempus black

Post by Marshmallow »

Got this today. my friend at the shop called me and told me they managed to get 4 of these. The shop had 4 of them in stock. I heard only 200 were made? anyway already satisfied with the sound coming from this thing!! If anyone is interested in the other 3 let me know, it costs 48,000 yen+ credit card taxes. :lol: :lol:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: NPD! GFI Tempus black

Post by Zaulkin »

Ahhhh jealous!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Oh wow!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Are they functionally different to the original? Was really wow'd by Reg's one at the last gearfest.

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

No different. I have a black one too. Original is best because at least you can see what the knobs do. Algorithms are amazing. I'm thinking of selling my dd500 to get another just for delay only (I bought the first for the verbs only).

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Jops wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:25 am No different. I have a black one too. Original is best because at least you can see what the knobs do. Algorithms are amazing. I'm thinking of selling my dd500 to get another just for delay only (I bought the first for the verbs only).
Agree. You can see the controls on the original. Black is for aesthetic and collection. However, the way the knobs function... you almost don't need to look at the knobs 😂.

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

How do these compare to Strymon TimeLines?

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Not sure but standard 9v and 100ma draw makes it better imo

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

vyfster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm How do these compare to Strymon TimeLines?
I have both. I like how you could use delay and reverb at the same time. The algos are very different. Though when it comes to delay, timeline has more options and you'd probably find it more useful for the different types of genre.

On the reverb side, the GFI is a bit on the extreme side. Ventris sounded better and would probably do a better the job for all genres. I say buy all and just make lots of pedalboards :lol: . I regret selling my Ventris so I'm in the hunt for another one. :lol:

Have you had a look at the collider?

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Jops wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:47 pm Not sure but standard 9v and 100ma draw makes it better imo
This^^^

Though i use this for my power supply.

https://www.soundhouse.co.jp/en/product ... em/232540/

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

I’ve owned the Timeline and now own the GFI.
I like the GFI for its versatility over the timeline and its algos sound mostly really good, on par or better than the timeline.
I do miss the timeline though, simpler to use and the tape/ambient delays were great!
I could never get a good strong sounding dotted 8 on the timeline though. Both a good!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

This would look good with some black string ferrules!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

Marshmallow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm
I have both. I like how you could use delay and reverb at the same time. The algos are very different. Though when it comes to delay, timeline has more options and you'd probably find it more useful for the different types of genre.
Thanks. Haven't used / played with many pedals but from what I've seen the Strymon TimeLine is the go to for delay. Trying to figure out which delay to eventually get.
I say buy all and just make lots of pedalboards :lol: .
Haha, I'm just starting out with building a pedal board, which gets surprisingly expensive really quickly! So as much as I'd like to buy all the pedals and have lots of pedal boards, budget won't allow it (and wife would probably have my nuts!)

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

vyfster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:04 pm
Thanks. Haven't used / played with many pedals but from what I've seen the Strymon TimeLine is the go to for delay. Trying to figure out which delay to eventually get.
Get the Timeline, then we can do a temporary swap with my Volante. Best of all worlds.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.