NAD x 2

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NAD x 2

Post by Mini Forklift »

Should have the Marshall tomorrow, it's an all original hand wired 1973 Super Lead. Early '73 was the last year before Marshall switched to using PCB's. Comes with the original dust cover

The second one left Japan yesterday so should be with me sometime next week, it's a handbuilt 'Dumble' ODS and one of Marshmallow's personal amps

The only thing I'll be running with that one is a reverb pedal in the FX Loop, that turned up this morning :thumbup:

Will update with my thoughts and more photos when I have them. Special thanks to Marshmallow for being so communicative and easy to deal with, also jeremyb for delivering a 2x12 cab to my place yesterday. Much appreciated fella's :thumbup:
Last edited by Mini Forklift on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Re: NAD x 2

Post by MikeC »

Marshmallow - he's a machine!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am Should have the Marshall tomorrow, it's an all original hand wired 1973 Super Lead. Early '73 was the last year before Marshall switched to using PCB's. Comes with the original dust cover

The second one left Japan yesterday so should be with me sometime next week, it's a handbuilt 'Dumble' ODS and one of Marshmallow's personal amps

The only thing I'll be running with that one is a reverb pedal in the FX Loop, that turned up this morning :thumbup:

Will update with my thoughts and more photos when I have them. Special thanks to Marshmallow for being so communicative and easy to deal with, also jeremyb for delivering a 2x12 cab to my place yesterday. Much appreciated fella's :thumbup:
Holy outlay, Batman!

Looks like some tasty purchases!
Yes, M'Lady.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Excellent matey
:mental:

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Holy crap there's some DREAMgear among forumites!

Happy NADs! And the thing about NADs is they're always best in pairs anyway. No man wants a single NAD.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Dayam! Nice work!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Epic! Dibs on that Marshall... :shifty:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

That Marshall will need a PPIMV wired into it, along with some power scaling, and maybe even routed for a Floyd.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am Should have the Marshall tomorrow, it's an all original hand wired 1973 Super Lead. Early '73 was the last year before Marshall switched to using PCB's. Comes with the original dust cover

Happy to be sending an ODS to NZ especially to an NZG member! It's a dream come true for me. :D :lol:

Love to have that Marshall though. :lol:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Darth Sabbathi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:11 pm Epic! Dibs on that Marshall... :shifty:
Noted, you're second in line after Chur :thumbup:

harveysj
Squier
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by harveysj »

If everyone is calling dibs..... if that ODS has joyful music tendencies then put me in line for that should you be crazy enough to part with it.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

harveysj wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 pm If everyone is calling dibs..... if that ODS has joyful music tendencies then put me in line for that should you be crazy enough to part with it.
I believe it's based on Robben Ford's Dumble. Thanks for your offer but extremely unlikely this one will be going anywhere :wink:

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm
harveysj wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 pm If everyone is calling dibs..... if that ODS has joyful music tendencies then put me in line for that should you be crazy enough to part with it.
I believe it's based on Robben Ford's Dumble. Thanks for your offer but extremely unlikely this one will be going anywhere :wink:
The circuit is directly from #102 schematic (Robbenford) with modifications.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

That's my old Marshall :) I owned it for 20 years, had many great times with that amp, feel free to PM me if you want any history. I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Marshall and chatting to him about the amp, which he signed the back and the cover for me.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:58 pm That's my old Marshall :) I owned it for 20 years, had many great times with that amp, feel free to PM me if you want any history. I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Marshall and chatting to him about the amp, which he signed the back and the cover for me.
Oh wow, that's awesome !! Small world huh? Yes please, any info would be much appreciated, it certainly seems like it has lead a good life. Don't know who you sold it to but It's coming down to me from a guy named Sean in Kapiti Coast