werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

Re: NGD: Bittersweet reunion

Post by werdna »

To preserve trust in a community, there need to be consequences for poor behaviour.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

werdna wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm To preserve trust in a community, there need to be consequences for poor behaviour.
what do you suggest? I'm pretty sure the mod team will be happy to discuss outcomes. But both sides need to be heard first I would think.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

I kept this Tele longer than any guitar I'd had in years. Neck was lovely. Balance was a bit off due to the light body but it was incredibly resonant.

I had a guy in work make me a pickguard to accommodate a regular Nocaster pickup set. It was made from acrylic which isn't ideal as it's quite brittle. The fitting was precise though. I think I sold the pickup set it came with to help cover the cost of the Nocaster pickups.

I'm sure I could trawl my emails from the time to show the condition it was in at the time I sold it, but it was precisely the same as when I bought it (I don't think there was a mark on it). Did I get it from sizzlingbadger? I think so. Think I sold it for $750.

Hope this comes to a happy conclusion.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

Bg wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:35 pm
werdna wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm To preserve trust in a community, there need to be consequences for poor behaviour.
what do you suggest? I'm pretty sure the mod team will be happy to discuss outcomes. But both sides need to be heard first I would think.
And, we do not facilitate public jury's and executions. Matters of this nature are about individuals...not the "community".

These occurrences are rare in my experience. I'm always hopeful, in any dealings on any platform, both seller and buyer are open, honest and exercise due diligence.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

For a hobby forum, I can't think of any cost effective incentive that would lead to moderators taking on the responsibility of investigating and judging what happened.

It is reasonable to expect the aggrieved party to want to tell us their side of the story as a warning to guide us. If the other party gives his side of the story, each of us can each weigh up for ourselves where the fault lies. If the other party doesn't respond, then we can draw an adverse inference against the other party.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am
The seller in this case is a very well known forum member. You can work it out if you follow the link that KNNZ posted earlier.
jesus I sure hope it isn't the person who was assumed as the buyer in that link because I have had dozens of dealing with him and he is one of the forums GC in every dealing I have had

totally shit experience Ben
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 am
Kev77 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:24 am I have a new pick guard to fit if that helps. It’s the thinline shape without any routs.
Happy to send it to you.
That would be amazing!
And I've got 3x 500k pots I just took out of a tele with humbuckers (that coincidentally I just got from Kev). Yours if you want them Ben. Also, a 5-way switch...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

StratMatt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm I thought the unspoken rule was that you try to sell for cost, where possible, through the forum. Not always the case but, you know..
Same, however as you said it's not always the case. There's a few people on here who I now have nothing to do with in terms of buying or selling. Usually because the whole thing is likely going to be painful/troublesome in some way. I think a few of these people got sick of getting rumbled and as a result are no longer on here
Last edited by Mini Forklift on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

willow13 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:29 pm jesus I sure hope it isn't the person who was assumed as the buyer in that link because I have had dozens of dealing with him and he is one of the forums GC in every dealing I have had
I'm in the same position. If it's who I'm thinking it is it doesn't sound characteristic of them at all; I have had PM, email and phone conversations with them and never had any issues. Have bought and sold from them too

Realise that doesn't change your situation Ben but would be good to hear both sides

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I'm not going to lock this thread as Ben did discuss it with me first and my feeling was that both are forum GC's so we need to get the whole history out there, not looking for a kangaroo court it would just be good to get both sides of the story eh.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

can we have a wolfpack free zone here... thats my only proviso!

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

All I'll say is this: It's a shame that the guitar came back to you in an unexpected condition, however, you did get it back. You've got more than the bones of a guitar that you really connect with, and maybe this is a chance to bring it back together in a way that you hadn't considered before.

Not meaning to sound corny, but there are some positives to take from it all.
Yes, M'Lady.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:59 pm can we have a wolfpack free zone here... thats my only proviso!
can we wolfgang the fact it is tele shape :?: ... asking for a friend :mrgreen:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Spicy thread.

Would you consider refinishing it?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1633 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:16 pm
StratMatt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm Talk to Glyn about rewinding that pickup maybe? I don't think that costs the earth and its guaranteed to kick ass.
May not require a full rewind. I’ve repaired pickups with broken windings before- quite easy if the break is near an end.

It’s cosmetically fucked though too- not really worth spending money on the pickup if I can’t fix it myself.
Adrian used some locally sourced material for the top of the pickup IIRC. So just whip the top off and glue another piece of the same material on top.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.