Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 597 times

Re: Jonny's NAD

Post by Starfire »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 am I had a couple of the AC15's, really nice amps. I have done a bit of work on these making them sound better too.
Those were great mods. I had them done to my old AC15HW, which I later sold to Oleg. They make a real albeit subtle difference.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Congrats on the new acquisition, congrats. Bet they complement each other rather nicely

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 am I had a couple of the AC15's, really nice amps. I have done a bit of work on these making them sound better too.
I did see on YouTube someone that made a few mods to the amp, which do sound interesting. What were the main points of improvement you found?

That said, I'm chuffed with how they both sound in stock form, and I'm trying to resist rabbit holes like amp mods, new pick ups for guitars, etc. I really have enough gear and apart from some minor pedal and guitar TLC, I generally like what I have and the tone I'm getting. Considering that I'm not gigging I can't really justify it. In all truth I can't justify the AC30, but it was too damn nice to resist. :winky:
Yes, M'Lady.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

Wow, that's very cool! Thanks for sharing, although admittedly I pretty much don't understand a word. Electronics discussions and circuit diagrams have never really been my strong point. :rofl:
Yes, M'Lady.