Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: Seeing out 2020

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:39 am
dayl wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm Well... 2020 has been one of the best years I've had in the longest time, in a number of great ways..... After reading through this thread, I will just shut up & keep that shit to myself ay.

Will be seeing the year out up in the Coromandel with family and a couple bottles of overpriced Waiheke wine.
Nah man- share the goodness! We’ll celebrate with you!
Absolutely! There's other good news stories here, you won't get lonely.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Slowy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:46 am
bender wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:39 am
dayl wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm Well... 2020 has been one of the best years I've had in the longest time, in a number of great ways..... After reading through this thread, I will just shut up & keep that shit to myself ay.

Will be seeing the year out up in the Coromandel with family and a couple bottles of overpriced Waiheke wine.
Nah man- share the goodness! We’ll celebrate with you!
Absolutely! There's other good news stories here, you won't get lonely.
Totally agree, plenty of good and not terrible stories here... it'd be fantastic to hear at least one of us had one of the best years in the longest time! Let us celebrate it with you!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I must admit 2020 although a strange year, hasn't been too bad for me. My kids have sorted themselves out and all have jobs. I am much happier at work now and I get to work from home almost permanently. A person at my wifes work that caused her a lot of misery has handed her notice in. I also bought a dream guitar which just about tops the year off nicely.

I'm expecting something to come along and fuck it all up of course :lol:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Yeah, I didn't enjoy the general shittiness of this year at the macro level, but it's been ok to me at a local level.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

Honestly, another year and another 12 months of life experience! But I didn't lose my job or business or get separated from loved ones so I am a lucky bastard.
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

This sums it up for me

not work safe

:mental:

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

It's been a good year for me too. I enjoyed 7 weeks of government ordained time off with my kids which I badly needed. I pretty much only take one week off a year normally so I loved the break. My son studies in Christchurch and I barely see him but he just managed to get home before all the travel shut down so it was awesome to have some quality time with him. Managed to keep a relationship together for a second year despite some challenges. I FINALLY managed to get out of the old family home I had been humiliatingly renting off my ex wife for years, and into my own humble but quite comfortable rental. That was a big step ahead for me, no longer having to wake up every day to the ghosts of the past. I am much happier where I am now. Despite the many challenges of this year my business has actually come through pretty well comparatively speaking. Have also spent this year practicing with a new tribute show which is doing a north island tour next year.

Gear-wise, just picked up a few things I needed for my new band - cheap nylon string acc/elec, cheap 12 string acc/elec (both Cort's), Acoustic amp, SM57, wireless unit, and made over my Chibson LP completely with new everything.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Having an excuse to start a regular working from home cadence has been the biggest boon from 2020. Saving two hours a day by not having to commute, which in turn means more sleep and less stress in the evenings.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

I have a real Christmas Tree this year. I'm all about continual improvement.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

Bg wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:22 pm thats more a wrist exercise....
Not if you do it properly and get your back into it.
Yes, M'Lady.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:19 am Having an excuse to start a regular working from home cadence has been the biggest boon from 2020. Saving two hours a day by not having to commute, which in turn means more sleep and less stress in the evenings.
Not much difference in my life as I usually work from home 3 days a week.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

If it actually shows up during the next week that is.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

The people I work with all kept their jobs. My job, done (edit, by this I mean, that was my focus...no job losses).

No gear stories. Too busy to contemplate.

Survival mode for 1/4 of it. Growth mode for 1/2 of it. Dazed and wtf for the rest. I think my family deserves more from me.(edit, as in, they didn’t get to see much of me this year. Like so many others I know out there).
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

GrantB wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:35 pm The people I work with all kept their jobs. My job, done.

No gear stories. Too busy to contemplate.

Survival mode for 1/4 of it. Growth mode for 1/2 of it. Dazed and wtf for the rest. I think my family deserves more from me.
Hang in there man. Sounds like you've had a rough year. Go easy on yourself!

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

kdawg2a wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:28 am As far as gear goes, this would be the first time I've posted a negative at the end.
I bought a 1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
Then I sold;
1989 Rickenbacker 330,
2003 Bacchus Flying V,
2010 Blueridge BR 163 ce acoustic,
1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
I needed a little extra funds to come to the states, hence the sales.
Man, I miss the Bacchus and the Blueridge. They were superb guitars. I loved the Rickenbacker too but I can never get on with a Ricky neck.
I did gain a lovely vintage Harmony acoustic but I'm not yet convinced it would survive the 4 flights back to New Zealand.
All in all 2020 can eat shit. I'm hoping 2021 will be better but I very much fear that humanity has reached the tipping point towards idiocy.
On that cherry note, merry Christmas to all!
Mate, twas me that bought the Rickenbacker 330. I get what you are saying about the neck, but I'm very much enjoying it :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly