Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Seeing out 2020

Post by Jay »

Phuck, that is rough year indeed Ben. Hoping that 2021 will treat you with more respect...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:54 am
jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:26 am It has been a challenging year, lockdown, wife made redundant, colonoscopy, injured shoulders, mental health decline and so on... but coming out the other end better, still have my family, still have my health, still have a job, feel like I'm ahead of the game, many are still struggling and I really feel for them, so I'm seeing it out in a reflective mood, I've got everything that really matters and feel grateful for that :)
Could you please post some photos from your colonoscopy.
Still not sure how he got the Polaroid camera in there!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:58 am
werdna wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:54 am
jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:26 am It has been a challenging year, lockdown, wife made redundant, colonoscopy, injured shoulders, mental health decline and so on... but coming out the other end better, still have my family, still have my health, still have a job, feel like I'm ahead of the game, many are still struggling and I really feel for them, so I'm seeing it out in a reflective mood, I've got everything that really matters and feel grateful for that :)
Could you please post some photos from your colonoscopy.
Still not sure how he got the Polaroid camera in there!
Didn't even touch the sides.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:41 am I don't think there's even a name for THAT fetish...
Will you please stop giving Jb challenges!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Wouldn't have missed it for anything.

2020 taught me how many wonderful, stand up friends I have. Several of them are right here. You know who you are and I don't have words to adequately express my gratitude.

2020 taught me that I am genuinely not afraid of death. Any idea how liberating that is?

2020's challenges have forged my Son into an even more impressive man. He's already learned much of what I took 40 years to assimilate and his focus and ambition will likely make him unstoppable.

All things considered, lots of dark clouds with silver linings. :D

Right 2020, you can fuck off now.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

bender wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:56 am 2020 was a turbulent year. It saw the meaty part of a truly horrific legal battle with my ex wife of 18 years over our relationship property, and care of our kids. I’ve spent the last year and a half or so in hermit-like survival mode, but am finally out of the weeds and starting to rebuild. It taught me the true meaning of narcissism (as well as naked greed).

The year also brought:
- a testicular cancer scare
- getting diagnosed with congenital hearing loss (not great for a sound engineer)
- getting 42 days notice to move out my flat just before Christmas, then discovering by accident that that was a breech of the tenancies act (not until I’d spent a week or so freaking out and unsuccessfully trying to find somewhere to go)
- getting a phone call from the vet to say that my cat might have cat AIDS, then a follow up about 4 hours later to say her test was negative. Seriously. Cat AIDS.
- most importantly, I met an amazing woman who has completely changed my life.

I feel pretty damn lucky to say that, on balance, it’s been a good year.
Fuck man, brutal. Hope you're doing ok mate.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

mr_sooty wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm
bender wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:56 am 2020 was a turbulent year. It saw the meaty part of a truly horrific legal battle with my ex wife of 18 years over our relationship property, and care of our kids. I’ve spent the last year and a half or so in hermit-like survival mode, but am finally out of the weeds and starting to rebuild. It taught me the true meaning of narcissism (as well as naked greed).

The year also brought:
- getting diagnosed with congenital hearing loss (not great for a sound engineer)
- getting 42 days notice to move out my flat just before Christmas, then discovering by accident that that was a breech of the tenancies act (not until I’d spent a week or so freaking out and unsuccessfully trying to find somewhere to go)
- getting a phone call from the vet to say that my cat might have cat AIDS, then a follow up about 4 hours later to say her test was negative. Seriously. Cat AIDS.

Settle down Sooty, meeting a woman isn't that bad.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

robthemac wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:16 pm
mr_sooty wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 pm

The year also brought:

Settle down Sooty, meeting a woman isn't that bad.
:lol:

Yeah, I’m all good thanks Cam. :thumbup:

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

robthemac wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:16 pm Settle down Sooty, meeting a woman isn't that bad.
You obviously haven't met some of my exes. 😂

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

Seriously though having been through a marriage break up its absolute balls.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I'm just happy that my shoulder is feeling free again, not fully but enough rotation to play guitar without pain.

I need to do some serious movement exercises over the next few weeks
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:40 pm I'm just happy that my shoulder is feeling free again, not fully but enough rotation to play guitar without pain.

I need to do some serious movement exercises over the next few weeks
I can think of one
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

thats more a wrist exercise....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 387 times

Post by dayl »

Well... 2020 has been one of the best years I've had in the longest time, in a number of great ways..... After reading through this thread, I will just shut up & keep that shit to myself ay.

Will be seeing the year out up in the Coromandel with family and a couple bottles of overpriced Waiheke wine.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

dayl wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm Well... 2020 has been one of the best years I've had in the longest time, in a number of great ways..... After reading through this thread, I will just shut up & keep that shit to myself ay.

Will be seeing the year out up in the Coromandel with family and a couple bottles of overpriced Waiheke wine.
Nah man- share the goodness! We’ll celebrate with you!