codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Seeing out 2020

Post by codedog »

I guess it's general consensus that 2020 has been a crazy/weird/both year. I reckon it's been an amazing year for Epiphone. Very happy to see the year out with this lot. Still waiting for an opportunity to plug in that LP Custom.

What will you lot be seeing out the year with?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Re: Seeing out 2020

Post by hamo »

codedog wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:23 pm I guess it's general consensus that 2020 has been a crazy/weird/both year. I reckon it's been an amazing year for Epiphone. Very happy to see the year out with this lot. Still waiting for an opportunity to plug in that LP Custom.

What will you lot be seeing out the year with?

The same stuff I started with. Got the katana in January and never looked back!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1313 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

I'll be seeing 2020 out with 3 skin cancers surgically removed and the all clear :)
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2482 times

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:39 pm I'll be seeing 2020 out with 3 skin cancers surgically removed and the all clear :)
2020 has been a bad year for Cancer. Everyone I know with it has sent the bastard running for the hills.
“And don’t come back, you lousy parasite!”
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I'll be seeing out the year pain free due to successful spinal surgery

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2482 times

Post by Slowy »

Mini Forklift wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:57 am I'll be seeing out the year pain free due to successful spinal surgery
WOOHOO!!!!! :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

It has been a challenging year, lockdown, wife made redundant, colonoscopy, injured shoulders, mental health decline and so on... but coming out the other end better, still have my family, still have my health, still have a job, feel like I'm ahead of the game, many are still struggling and I really feel for them, so I'm seeing it out in a reflective mood, I've got everything that really matters and feel grateful for that :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

As far as gear goes, this would be the first time I've posted a negative at the end.
I bought a 1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
Then I sold;
1989 Rickenbacker 330,
2003 Bacchus Flying V,
2010 Blueridge BR 163 ce acoustic,
1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
I needed a little extra funds to come to the states, hence the sales.
Man, I miss the Bacchus and the Blueridge. They were superb guitars. I loved the Rickenbacker too but I can never get on with a Ricky neck.
I did gain a lovely vintage Harmony acoustic but I'm not yet convinced it would survive the 4 flights back to New Zealand.
All in all 2020 can eat shit. I'm hoping 2021 will be better but I very much fear that humanity has reached the tipping point towards idiocy.
On that cherry note, merry Christmas to all!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Geez... yup, I'm the materialistic one! Blimey...

You're all too bloody right though. I'm bone tired and run ragged at my job but I have one, so does my wife. We are both in good health and able to enjoy life in as normal a fashion as any other year. That itself is a luxury. We're about to go to my wife's work Xmas do, which is the CSO Presents: Jurassic World. It should be an interesting bit of entertainment which, in light of the year we've had, is another luxury.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

kdawg2a wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:28 am As far as gear goes, this would be the first time I've posted a negative at the end.
Then I sold;
1989 Rickenbacker 330,
2003 Bacchus Flying V,
1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
Man, I miss the Bacchus and the Blueridge. They were superb guitars. I loved the Rickenbacker too but I can never get on with a Ricky neck.
I did gain a lovely vintage Harmony acoustic but I'm not yet convinced it would survive the 4 flights back to New Zealand.
All in all 2020 can eat shit. I'm hoping 2021 will be better but I very much fear that humanity has reached the tipping point towards idiocy.
Where did the Bacchus end up?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

hamo wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:01 pm
kdawg2a wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:28 am As far as gear goes, this would be the first time I've posted a negative at the end.
Then I sold;
1989 Rickenbacker 330,
2003 Bacchus Flying V,
1968 Jansen Beatmaster.
Where did the Bacchus end up?
An old, bearded rocker from Cheviot bought it. I've still got his details so hopefully I may be able to buy it back in the future.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

2020 was a turbulent year. It saw the meaty part of a truly horrific legal battle with my ex wife of 18 years over our relationship property, and care of our kids. I’ve spent the last year and a half or so in hermit-like survival mode, but am finally out of the weeds and starting to rebuild. It taught me the true meaning of narcissism (as well as naked greed).

The year also brought:
- a testicular cancer scare
- getting diagnosed with congenital hearing loss (not great for a sound engineer)
- getting 42 days notice to move out my flat just before Christmas, then discovering by accident that that was a breech of the tenancies act (not until I’d spent a week or so freaking out and unsuccessfully trying to find somewhere to go)
- getting a phone call from the vet to say that my cat might have cat AIDS, then a follow up about 4 hours later to say her test was negative. Seriously. Cat AIDS.
- most importantly, I met an amazing woman who has completely changed my life.

I feel pretty damn lucky to say that, on balance, it’s been a good year.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:26 am It has been a challenging year, lockdown, wife made redundant, colonoscopy, injured shoulders, mental health decline and so on... but coming out the other end better, still have my family, still have my health, still have a job, feel like I'm ahead of the game, many are still struggling and I really feel for them, so I'm seeing it out in a reflective mood, I've got everything that really matters and feel grateful for that :)
Could you please post some photos from your colonoscopy.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Please god, no.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1313 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

I don't think there's even a name for THAT fetish...
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe