Headrush Gigboard WHOA

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Headrush Gigboard WHOA

Post by Mini Forklift »

Picked up one of the recently, I'm only skimming the surface with what it's capable of but just WOW. Still going to stick to drive pedals but as far as delays, leslie, phaser, chorus etc this handles the effects side of things superbly :thumbup:

So, anyone else have one?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Headrush Gigboard WHOA

Post by Bg »

I had 3 before I got my Helix.
All 3 failed within a week due to usb issues. Apart from that, yeah great ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:06 pm I had 3 before I got my Helix.
All 3 failed within a week due to usb issues. Apart from that, yeah great ;)
Slight irony in the fact that I chose it over the Helix due to reading about a number of the Helix's failing :lol:

I guess things like that are always a possibility with digital, I'd like think that the more you spend the chances of any issues arising reduce. But I'm probably just being an optimist

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I reckon we got a bad batch in new zealand, though at the time there were a lot of complaints worldwide, obviously in 'merica you could just send them back for free warranty repair. After 3 I said I'd had enough.

2 years on, helix is solid.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm I reckon we got a bad batch in new zealand, though at the time there were a lot of complaints worldwide, obviously in 'merica you could just send them back for free warranty repair. After 3 I said I'd had enough.

Yeah probably. Ended up going through Anderton's for mine

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Mini Forklift wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Bg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm I reckon we got a bad batch in new zealand, though at the time there were a lot of complaints worldwide, obviously in 'merica you could just send them back for free warranty repair. After 3 I said I'd had enough.

Yeah probably. Ended up going through Anderton's for mine
I was glad I went RS, they swapped each out with no hassle and suggested the Helix LT at a very reduced price after the 3rd.
Andertons... that would have got complicated.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Over two years later and still loving my Gigboard, my pedalboard has changed a bit since then but it's still an integral part of it. Especially now that I've managed to set a footswitch to control the speed of the leslie, which incidentally is one of the best sounding rotary effects I've heard. Seems to be that you can't buy them new anymore, everyone is 'saying out of stock' or they've been removed from the lineup completely. Guessing it may have been replaced by the newer and smaller MX5

Have a couple of new pedals on the way, due early next week so once they arrive I'll post an updated pedalboard pic :thumbup:
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”