jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Re: Slowy's Guitars

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:42 pm
werdna wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm All the telecasters raise the question what is the best pick up combination?
Baja. CS Broadcaster and CS Twisted Tele. Plus the S1 switching.
I have the same pickups in my tele and with the 4-way obsidian wire kit, mucho great!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2480 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 pm
werdna wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm All the telecasters raise the question what is the best pick up combination?
I have the same pickups in my tele and with the 4-way obsidian wire kit, mucho great!
Confess I'm curious to try them in the Korinacaster. Did you buy yours aftermarket Jb?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Slowy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Confess I'm curious to try them in the Korinacaster. Did you buy yours aftermarket Jb?
Obsidian Wire kits are the creation of our very own Toneloungematt!

https://tonelounge.co.nz/custom-4-way-for-tele-250k/

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 pm

I bought them from stratosphereparts.com's ebay store back before I knew about stratosphere :lol: they were out of an american standard I think?!?!?!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm I'm still waiting for the baritone...
IMG_3541.JPG
IMG_3541.JPG (644.19 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
I've mentioned an old friend, Tony Wenzlick who builds unusual guitars. He can knock them together with incredible speed but what he's doing is not so much building a guitar as exploring some aspect or design innovation that has intrigued him. He'll build something, maybe make 3-4 more tweaking whatever he's chasing, then ditch them and move on. The trail of discarded guitars this guy creates is astonishing!

This one has Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides with a Redwood top. Its neck is huge, and I mean huge by my standards. Its action is too high and not able to be properly fixed; a typical Tony proof of concept.
But its got a loud, deep growl and learning a piece on this makes it instantly easy on any other guitar, it sounds great for slide and I just liked this one at first sight.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Ryoji Matsuoka M50

I’ve always like Matsuokas. They sound good and play well and they're reasonably priced. Don’t play classical guitar much, but it’s a good tool to have in the kit.
This one broke my heart when I saw it on Trademe. A victim of hideous abuse and neglect, it looked like it had been submerged for a month. (It had.) Its heart was still beating so I rescued it.
It’s lovely. Deeply scarred and battered, it has shaken off the trauma and sings sweetly. And so much visual character!

reduced.jpg
reduced.jpg (719.54 KiB) Viewed 4593 times

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

Do you think a tele bridge pickup can combine well with a p90 neck pickup?
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

werdna wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:14 am

Do carnivoran mammals of the family Ursidae defecate in forested regions?
Tin arse!!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Terexgeek wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:17 am

Do carnivoran mammals of the family Ursidae defecate in forested regions?
Except for Polar Bears, they crap wherever they like, you can ask him about it.
Tin arse!!

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Slowy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 am Ryoji Matsuoka M50

I’ve always like Matsuokas. They sound good and play well and they're reasonably priced. Don’t play classical guitar much, but it’s a good tool to have in the kit.
This one broke my heart when I saw it on Trademe. A victim of hideous abuse and neglect, it looked like it had been submerged for a month. (It had.) Its heart was still beating so I rescued it.
It’s lovely. Deeply scarred and battered, it has shaken off the trauma and sings sweetly. And so much visual character!

I used to have an M70 Slowy. A really nice classical guitar

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Lollar Special T is the correct answer.
Custom Shop Broadcaster too but not a hot P90

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

MrDINO wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:20 am

I used to have an M70 Slowy. A really nice classical guitar

M70 would be nice. Always wanted to meet an M100; all solid timber.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1046 times

Post by kdawg2a »

reduced.jpg
Damn, that is beautiful.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

IMG_3540.JPG
IMG_3540.JPG (94.02 KiB) Viewed 4317 times
Gotta have one of these in a collection; they're too cool!
Actually, the bar over the bridge makes it almost useless for me. My picking style relies heavily on palm muting and that's just not possible here.

Cool sound though.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

You have to adapt, I found it to be a great anchor point. I'm shit at picking without
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.