PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

NDD: Pearl BLX

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Greetings Citizens,

On Wednesday I picked up some Pearl BLX Birch drums in Sequoia Red. These were made in the 80's when power toms were in vogue. This is the same type of drum used by Phil Collins of Genesis on Mama for example.

How do they sound? Thunderous!

I am taking them to a jam on saturday and have set them up and practiced with them yesterday. Today I am going to tune them up (although the previous owner is a working drummer and they are already sounding pretty tasty). I also bought a nice set of Bongos off the same guy so that I can take them to acoustic type jams and save on the setup hassle. I use in ear attenuators when playing the drums and they are needed for this set in particular.
Pearl BLX.jpg
Pearl BLX.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1873 times
Greenstone Amplifiers

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3485 times
Been liked: 713 times

Re: NDD: Pearl BLX

Post by Cdog »

Score!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

nice! love a thunderous tom or 3.
You've prob posted it before but what the deal with the eminar? A mate has one similar that i might try to get my hands on,its 150w/kt88 with SLIDERS OF DEATH like yours.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

No I didn't post on the Eminar.

My one is a 5 channel PA. 100W via 4 x EL34 running at about 650VDC on the plates. Ouch! Really well built and nice transformers. They have lots of separate windings for bias, screens etc. and has a choke as well. It needed at power supply capacitor set change and a new set of pre and power tubes.

I converted it to a 3 channel amp. One for bass and 2 for line-in from my audio interface to use as a (mono) PA. Works well. Oh and I bypassed all of the sliders as they were scratchy as hell and my attempted re-furb of them did not work.
Greenstone Amplifiers