Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 906 times

NPD: Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive

Post by Marshmallow »

Hi All,

Just recently acquired a landgraff Dynamic Overdrive. Have been wanting one ever since I tried one here in Japan. The only reason I couldn't get one was because it was expensive. Then I found one for half a price with all the goodies though an auciton

There are many landgraff copies like the rockbox and a few pedal companies etc.. having compared then side by side, they are nowhere near this pedal. It's like driving a Toyota then driving a Ferrari. Same car but different feeling. Like the centura vs the klon.. all I can say is, it already knocked off most of my drives on my board so have started rearranging my board again.

Anyway this one came complete with stickers, manual, letter and all the goodies from new. The one I got was made in 2014 so it was signed by John and his wife a year before john died.

If you have an opportunity to get one, just get it.

Some left over sticker lol

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

Re: NPD: Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive

Post by Slowy »

That might be the only swirl finish better than my Boiling Point!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

Jesus was coming, but for him it seems!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3489 times
Been liked: 714 times

Post by Cdog »

It's purdy. Congrats

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

Had never actually heard of these before, so basically its a point to point wired tube screamer with a 3 way switch for different types of diode clipping, can you give us a gut shot? would love to see the insides!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Yes with a few changes. It's a 1m drive pot for one so more gain and also about 5 or 6 component changes in the circuit. Then the diode switch is ts, none (lifted diodes), then LEDs.

But the guy clearly took great care in the manufacture of the pedal. All the silver solder, 90 degree wire bends etc don't make the tiniest bit of difference to the sound but they do speak to a maker who cares about the craftsmanship.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Nice acquisition, good to hear it lives up to the hype. Assuming you bought it through Jason aka raid0 on TM?

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Congrats on the new pedal, looks amazing.

I came close to getting one when someone offered it to trade for my Tim, but I think I was pretty happy with my King Tone Duellist as the most perfect sounding Tubescreamer at the time. I didn't want to mess with something that wasn't broken, but sounds like the construction of the Landgraff is right up my alley, maybe I should have looked into it more.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 906 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Nice acquisition, good to hear it lives up to the hype. Assuming you bought it through Jason aka raid0 on TM?
Voxshall wrote:Congrats on the new pedal, looks amazing.

I came close to getting one when someone offered it to trade for my Tim, but I think I was pretty happy with my King Tone Duellist as the most perfect sounding Tubescreamer at the time. I didn't want to mess with something that wasn't broken, but sounds like the construction of the Landgraff is right up my alley, maybe I should have looked into it more.

Here's the gut shot. Sorry a little blurry.

Even though he mentioned it's a tube screamer copy, many people assume its just a tube screamer but the difference is huge. It seems John really took the unnecessary bits out. There's a reason why it's called the holy grail of drives. It took me two years to get my hands on one haha . Anyway, it's really a must to hear and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I bought it here in Japan.

King tone duellist is also another awesome pedal. I also have the duellist. They're also both very different. Both are also worth having

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Thanks for showing the insides and sharing about it and the Duellist. I went on a buying spree trying to find the perfect overdrive pedal but I think I ended up concluding I like the sound of an amps natural overdrive best, or a clean boost into the amps natural drive to take it over the top. Still use a few overdrive pedals and fuzz for variety but there is something about the amp sound that is so big and awesome.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

Post by Slowy »

Marshmallow wrote: Image
As I said, I think the Landgraff just wins. :D
096.JPG
096.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3496 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Slowy, I better have the Boiling Point back then, so you can get a Landgraff. :wink:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Hey, the swinging 60's just called. They want their pedals back