Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1633 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: NGD: Surprise! It's a red SG.

Post by Jay »

foal30 wrote:Our resident Yamaha expert JpvP will surely like your new purchase Dirty.
Cheers, Faol03
Sure do and i do like your sense of humour too. :D
May ask the forum leaders to change to something more simple once i have thought of something more simple...

N stands for narrow neck as this model has 41mm nut and slightly different neck shape.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by hellblazer »

Nice one. I wonder how similar it is to an LP with the set mahogany neck.

I managed to dig up a cached link of an old site I used to peruse for the Yamaha hotness.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101030231 ... /id23.html

I’ve still got the rather battered black SG2000 I bought from wolfhook, sadly not seeing much love these days... I finally got it out to restring last week and the brass nut had turned green!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1633 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

hellblazer wrote:Nice one. I wonder how similar it is to an LP with the set mahogany neck.

I managed to dig up a cached link of an old site I used to peruse for the Yamaha hotness.

I’ve still got the rather battered black SG2000 I bought from wolfhook, sadly not seeing much love these days... I finally got it out to restring last week and the brass nut had turned green!
It is more like a les paul than a gibson sg. Ed should be able to tell as i believe he has owned both/played in the past.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

jvpp wrote:
foal30 wrote:Our resident Yamaha expert JpvP will surely like your new purchase Dirty.
Cheers, Faol03
Sure do and i do like your sense of humour too. :D
May ask the forum leaders to change to something more simple once i have thought of something more simple...

N stands for narrow neck as this model has 41mm nut and slightly different neck shape.
Nut width on this measures 43mm - and certainly doesn't feel narrow. But the neck profile is indeed slim - feels like a Gibson SG. I'd prefer it to be chunkier, but it feels pretty good. 13" inch radius is awesome .

And yeah, definitely more LP than SG. It is pretty hefty. 4.3kg. Maple top, mahogany body.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

hellblazer wrote:Nice one. I wonder how similar it is to an LP with the set mahogany neck.

I'm pretty keen to add an SG2000. Just saying... :wink: