meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

NGD

Post by Slowy »

New Telecaster day.
IMG_2961.JPG
IMG_2961.JPG (734.22 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Have been GASing for a traditional Tele for a while but never taken it seriously because a Nocaster was my dream.

A bandmate bought this but found the neck too big (he's a little fella). So he started niggling me to buy it. I took it last weekend, tweaked the pups and set it up and was impressed enough that I knew the bank account was going to take a hit.

But at Band Practice last night, it really showed its chops. It's a Baja Tele, made in Mexico. It has Twisted Tele and Broadcaster pups, four position selector and that push-in-the-top-of-the- volume-knob circuit that I've never met before.
It has a lot of distinct voices, most of which work superbly in a mix.

Its standard Tele tones are ringing, clear and sweet and the extras can get you away from other guitars in the band. Live, it sounds gorgeous without ever getting spiky.

If you consider a Telecaster to be primarily an inexpensive versatile working axe, this is, I think the best I have ever played. It's a phenomenal number of bangs for very modest bucks.

Congratulations Fender, you've knocked it out of the park!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: NGD

Post by AiRdAd »

BG, Can you please check that Slowy's account hasn't been hacked - he's posted more NGD's this year than he has over the time he's been on the forum!!! :-)

Looks fantastic BTW
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

AiRdAd wrote:BG, Can you please check that Slowy's account hasn't been hacked - he's posted more NGD's this year than he has over the time he's been on the forum!!! :-)
:rofl:

and thankfully he has not posted one for sale thread days after buying something .. unlike others :shifty:

GREAT looking Tele slowy....if I were to ever get a tele it would look exactly like that one
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

Perfection Slowy! I have the same pickups in mine and the bridge can do metal it's so grunty, neck does lovely stratty tones too, much excite!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

I bought a Baja back in Feb. Since then I've changed the wiring to stock. The fancy switching means no ground to bridge and I found it annoyingly noisy. It also needs the fretboard edges rolling as it has that 'not played in at all' feel. This aside I cant fault it. Nice and light. Big neck. Faultless construction. Was even impressed with how smooth the tuners are. Smoother than many CS I've had. Want to try a Nocaster pickup set at some point. Just coz.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote:BG, Can you please check that Slowy's account hasn't been hacked - he's posted more NGD's this year than he has over the time he's been on the forum!!! :-)

Looks fantastic BTW
I've had a very good year.
But I probably should stop. I have an excellent example of every guitar I could possibly need.
And one or two backups for each. :oops:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: :rofl:
But I probably should stop. I have an excellent example of every guitar I could possibly need.
Time to stock-up on amps then! :-)

Congrats on the Baja if I didn't say. Fantastic bang for buck.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:I bought a Baja back in Feb. Since then I've changed the wiring to stock. The fancy switching means no ground to bridge and I found it annoyingly noisy. It also needs the fretboard edges rolling as it has that 'not played in at all' feel. This aside I cant fault it. Nice and light. Big neck. Faultless construction. Was even impressed with how smooth the tuners are. Smoother than many CS I've had. Want to try a Nocaster pickup set at some point. Just coz.
Agree with everything you say.
Mine will get the fret ends dressed and a bit of rounding. The shiny neck will also be knocked back.

In a band situation, the bridge noise is inaudible so doesn't bother me. Everything else works so well,* I'll just leave it well alone and play some wear into the thing.

* Except position 2: Haven't yet found a use for either of its options.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote: Time to stock-up on amps then! :-)
Um.....
I have 7.
Or is it 8? :think:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Slowy wrote:

Looks fantastic BTW
I think every guitarist needs at least one guitar with a floyd though ... yes most here will disagree, but they are wrong :rofl: :mrgreen:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote: Time to stock-up on amps then! :-)
Um.....
I have 7.
Or is it 8? :think:
Oh. OK. You're good for amps. :-)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

I put compensated saddles on mine but they're some weedy metric dimension (probably explains why they were only about eight quid). Want to find some that are more 'hefty'.

I bought mine on my daughter's tenth birthday from Guitar Centre, Hollywood. I'm hoping both of those things are reason enough for me to not sell it on a whim.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote:
I think every guitarist needs at least one guitar with a floyd though ... yes most here will disagree, but they are wrong :rofl: :mrgreen:
Agreed. There's a hole in the garage wall. I could nail it over that.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
Slowy wrote:

Looks fantastic BTW
I think every VERSATILE guitarist needs at least one guitar with a floyd though ... yes most here will disagree, but they are wrong :rofl: :mrgreen:
just correcting ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Agreed. There's a hole in the garage wall. I could nail it over that.
I thought that was what the new tele was for ? or at least one of the old decrepit ones...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.