Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1107 times
Been liked: 1423 times

Re: NGD x 3

Post by robthemac »

Mattress5 wrote:
Yeah, I weighed that up. I decided to go with the custom built for me option. I am happy with it. I did have to consider that any potential resale value would most likely be way less than a Fender though.
How's the Whitfill treating you so far?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Mattress5 »

robthemac wrote:
Mattress5 wrote:
Yeah, I weighed that up. I decided to go with the custom built for me option. I am happy with it. I did have to consider that any potential resale value would most likely be way less than a Fender though.
I know it's crazy to say, but I've hardly played it. I've been full on with acoustic of late.
Having said that, the tone is fantastic. Exactly what I look for in a Tele. The fit and finish is great as well. Aged nicely but not a total wreck. Haven't played it enough yet to talk about feel really. The neck feels good but will take a bit of getting used to I think. A little larger than I usually go for on a Fender. I'll have more chance over the Christmas break to really put it through it's paces.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Mattress5 wrote:
robthemac wrote:
I know it's crazy to say, but I've hardly played it. I've been full on with acoustic of late.
Having said that, the tone is fantastic. Exactly what I look for in a Tele. The fit and finish is great as well. Aged nicely but not a total wreck. Haven't played it enough yet to talk about feel really. The neck feels good but will take a bit of getting used to I think. A little larger than I usually go for on a Fender. I'll have more chance over the Christmas break to really put it through it's paces.

Any update?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mattress5 »

robthemac wrote:
Mattress5 wrote:
robthemac wrote:

Any update?
I'm not getting on with it to be honest. Love how it sounds, but the neck feel just isn't for me. It's the age old problem of buying a custom guitar for a fair bit of money and it having poor resale value.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Interesting. What about the neck doesn't do it for you?

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mattress5 »

It just feels a bit deep. I've played bigger necks on LP's and liked it, it just doesn't seem the right fit for me on a tele. Can't really nail it down exactly. Sometimes guitars just aren't right for you and there's no good reason.

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mattress5 »

robthemac wrote:Fair enough. I was looking at non-Fender Strats with nitro finishes and his name came up. Not much info online.
Are you still looking for a non fender Strat?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Mattress5 wrote: Are you still looking for a non fender Strat?
Found myself a lovely Strat. Might be in the market for a Tele with a fat neck in a couple of months though...

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mattress5 »

robthemac wrote:
Mattress5 wrote: Are you still looking for a non fender Strat?
Found myself a lovely Strat. Might be in the market for a Tele with a fat neck in a couple of months though...
More than welcome to borrow mine for a while and see how it feels (after lockdown)

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

That's a very generous offer that I may very well take you up on. Will have to sell one of my others before I'd be in a position to seriously consider purchasing.

You're down in Christchurch or somewhere equally distant, right?

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mattress5 »

Yeah, Christchurch. I thought you were here too. We can sort something after everything has calmed down.