Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Gear you regret letting go of

Post by AiRdAd »

i'm so sorry... i really love that guitar :-(
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Danny has the one I regret letting go of, Bg's 1993 LP Classic Premium Plus. Man I would lose a nut to get that back but I think I would have to pry it from his cold clammy hands first
just tell his wife how much he has "really" spent on guitar gear and she will kill him soon enough :moresarc:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Yep she was a beauty alright
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

The only real regret I have is letting go of a Marshall 25/50 head in Black (not silver) to buy a Dual Rectifier......to get those “NU METAL”tones I was searching for! Haven’t seen another black version for sale in NZ since.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Reg18 wrote:The only real regret I have is letting go of a Marshall 25/50 head in Black (not silver) to buy a Dual Rectifier......to get those “NU METAL”tones I was searching for! Haven’t seen another black version for sale in NZ since.
Was that back when you were in that Linkin Park/Nickleback tribute band?
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

The only thing that springs to mind was an original old big-box Rat. The one without any on/off light, and that had the backward controls. What a great distortion sound!
That’s it though really. Fortunately it seems I’ve got off (oh err) pretty lightly!

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

kdawg2a wrote:
Reg18 wrote:The only real regret I have is letting go of a Marshall 25/50 head in Black (not silver) to buy a Dual Rectifier......to get those “NU METAL”tones I was searching for! Haven’t seen another black version for sale in NZ since.
Yeah that’s right, back when my dream rig was a PRS Custom 22 and a Dual Rec! Pretty sure I had a key chain from my wallet to my jeans belt hook as well!

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Reg18 wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:
Yeah that’s right, back when my dream rig was a PRS Custom 22 and a Dual Rec! Pretty sure I had a key chain from my wallet to my jeans belt hook as well!
Didn't we all mate! Those chains were helpful for pickpockets, left them no doubt as to which pocket your wallet was in.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

I do not regret selling any gear over the years. I love the 4 guitars I currently have. They are far superior to all of the ones I sold before (even though nearly all of those were great guitars in their own right, which is why, I suppose, not a single one has turned up for sale again (yet)). They also totally killed my guitar GAS, which is a blessing in and of itself.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by vintage52 »

Biggest regrets:
1968 SG Junior. That single P90 rocked for days!!
1975 Sunburst Stratocaster.
1979 Guild F50R Acoustic - geez it had some volume.....used to get asked what I was running it through when I was playing unplugged...

And along the way.....various Peavey Classic amps with the 20 being the one I miss the most.

And lots of other bits and pieces......
Wellington

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

A few spring to mind.

79 Strat - big headstock, black pickgaurd on sunburst, weighed a ton, sounded great for everything bar uber metal. Sold to fund my overseas travel in early 2000. In retrospect, I could have just sold off a few other things instead, like my dirt bike and kayak... which ended up handing around both unused for another six or so years...

Gibson Explorer I bought when living in the USA about 10-12 years ago, Adrian did a bunch of mods to make it absolutely killer, but I I just never found a use for it once I got back to NZ and back to my SG + Telecaster. I've asked the guy whom I sold it to a couple of times if he'll sell but no dice!

Fender Duo-sonic weird hybrid - duo-sonic neck on a mustang body, with a JB in the birdge, finished in pelham blue. The best sounding neck single coil I've ever heard, it was super weird and one of a kind, and I flogged it goin through a GAS phase for a Firebird.

JCM800 50w head in the early 00's - this thing was my sound back in the day, 50w of crunchy goodness that sounded massive with a TS9 style OD in front for anything. Stupidly upgraded to a DSL100.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I have probably already posted this but I want my Skull decal ESP m1 body and Charvell neck guitar back

wtf did I sell that thing
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ive had mad gas for a V lately and kinda wish i still had my ESP that i sold to donghua.I suspect thats long burgers by now.Oh and im BROKE :)
Attachments
o_jsl_20070811_001.jpg
o_jsl_20070811_001.jpg (130.87 KiB) Viewed 2625 times

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Lilac flip-flop USA Jackson Randy Rhoads. Came in a case the size of a pasting table. Bought for about £700 from a posh kid in some big house in Altrincham, Manchester. Swapped it for two bread-and-butter Strats I think. Fucking idiot.

Met the present owner in a chance conversation in a guitar shop. He'd painted it satin black... Another fucking idiot. :-(

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 653 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I used to have a lovely Mesa Boogie 4x10 open back cab with Jensen speakers. I should have kept it - that thing sounded magical.