Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Show us your amp

Post by Bg »

ah ok, that makes more sense, just you said you were just going to use it for effects so... I'm totally rebelling against effects again, though the bellbirds love them. But hey, the bogner has 3 awesome channels ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

I spent a good few hours with the JCM this afternoon. Played along to some Rage, about half of the Foo Fighters last album, and some of Slash's first solo album.

I really do love this amp, and I'm not missing pedals at all. If I were using it in a band, I think I'd be pretty happy with a tuner pedal and a clean boost (or maybe a TS-9). Using the guitar volume I can get a pretty wide variety of sounds.

The only thing I'd change is channel switching. I've heard that you can't use an EHX Switchblade cus if you plug into the high and low inputs one defeats the other. It'd be nice to switch between them. The low input is plexi goodness and the high input is great for hard rock (obviously).

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Glad you're liking it; said you would. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Yes! Now lets have a Gearfest again, now that I have something worth bringing.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

too fecking late now, and it'll be a few months before the next, if we don't get the numbers it comes out of our pockets, I have to reimburse cappy a hefty wedge.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

zedhed71
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 11 times

Post by zedhed71 »

Please be kind to me.
I love this set up,and dont look past the WGS speakers...they are great!
I still havn't done the extension cab for the delta blues in the story but I have restored an old jansen quad my friend gave me with more WGS ET65 speakers(just need a head for it now)

http://wgs4.com/sleeper-amp-new-zealand

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

zedhed71 wrote:Please be kind to me.
I love this set up,and dont look past the WGS speakers...they are great!
I still havn't done the extension cab for the delta blues in the story but I have restored an old jansen quad my friend gave me with more WGS ET65 speakers(just need a head for it now)

http://wgs4.com/sleeper-amp-new-zealand
Yes they are. Love my Warehouse greenback clones.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Got to try those...I keep going back to Celestion AlNiCo...brain and ears need expanding.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

I wanted to try what a 10" and 12" would sound like together. The simple answer, at least in this case is, choice.

Very 3D, the cab is very alive, plenty of woodiness. It's great with the high gain sound on the Matamp C7. I've found pine cabs can be too alive, but with the lower volume amps this one sounds quite remarkable. Feedback enhancing too. Lot's of fun.

It's pine with ply baffle. I got the red tolex cheap locally and had everything else lying around. It's small-ish, light and has sorta Fender Custom Shop amp, off set vibe thing going on.
Attachments
Cab1.jpg
cab2.jpg
Cab3.jpg
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Tasty :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Thats seriously cool, love the tolex job!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Thanks, it was a real biatch.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Nice! I got a couple of Weber 10's sitting here waiting for the next project. Now you've given me the idea of breaking up my 2x12 Celestion green and blue and pairing each with a 10!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Show us your amp

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Very nice Unique!
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Awesome skills Unique
Style, elegance and an obvious command of the craft.
Respect. :thumbup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.