Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Show us your amp

Post by Conway »

Is there a bag of green stuff stashed away inside it somewhere? Wouldn't be surprised.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

*UNIQUE* wrote:A recent addition. 1973 Fender Princeton Reverb. 230v, NOS GE and JAN Philips tubes, mods to death cap and "courtesy outlet". All tested - caps still good. Sounds :angel: :clap:

Only thing material was I replaced the original hideous Fender speaker with a Weber Classic Alnico 10". Great speaker (coming from an anti Weber-ite).

Grill cloth is repro but 100% accurate. Sorry for the shitty photo.
Nice, I love the Webers and to be fair I thought it was Teds attitude more than the actual stuff? And he's been dead a few years now ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Post by GrantB »

It wasn't me.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

well I know you haven't been convicted but....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

*UNIQUE* wrote:A side note - this amp smells very unusual. In a good way. I'm kind of addicted to it and get a little rush - a heady mix of cigarette, incense, Jack Daniels and maybe some cats piss.
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Post by Starfire »

*UNIQUE* wrote:A recent addition. 1973 Fender Princeton Reverb. 230v, NOS GE and JAN Philips tubes, mods to death cap and "courtesy outlet". All tested - caps still good. Sounds :angel: :clap:

Only thing material was I replaced the original hideous Fender speaker with a Weber Classic Alnico 10". Great speaker (coming from an anti Weber-ite).

Grill cloth is repro but 100% accurate. Sorry for the shitty photo.
I think I already called dibs last time you mentioned it, but I'd just like to reiterate my dibs now. Next time there is a Tronfest, I might need a private moment with this amp. :D

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

New arrival from MPC yesterday - this is the amp making me grin at midnight last night very quietly in the lounge :mrgreen:
MPC Amplification - 18 Watt 'TMB'
It sounds GLORIOUS - who says Marshall can't do cleans.. the normal 1974X channel is beautiful, shimmering clarity. The TMB side is just wow. Sorry the pics are bad but it looks the bizz in reals. Sounds fantastic into the DC 2x12 (Canabis Rex / Private Jack) but can't wait for the 1974CX cab.

Promo: Mike at MPC is really a pleasure to deal with and does good 1-1 deals alot cheaper than his TradeMe prices. And thanks heaps to Ryan for the expert advice.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Nice, those MPC amps look like good value, I haven't seen on in the flesh yet to inspect the quality.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

MogwaiBoy wrote:New arrival from MPC yesterday - this is the amp making me grin at midnight last night very quietly in the lounge :mrgreen:
The attachment tmb.jpg is no longer available
The attachment tmb2.jpg is no longer available
It sounds GLORIOUS - who says Marshall can't do cleans.. the normal 1974X channel is beautiful, shimmering clarity. The TMB side is just wow. Sorry the pics are bad but it looks the bizz in reals. Sounds fantastic into the DC 2x12 (Canabis Rex / Private Jack) but can't wait for the 1974CX cab.

Promo: Mike at MPC is really a pleasure to deal with and does good 1-1 deals alot cheaper than his TradeMe prices. And thanks heaps to Ryan for the expert advice.
Welcome to the 18W club. Have you dimed it yet?
We have very similar set ups. I'm running a Tele into a Ceriatone 18W TMB EF86 with a 2x12 that looks identical to yours. Was it made by DC from the forum?
Whole rig.jpg
Nothing to see here.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

MogwaiBoy wrote:New arrival from MPC yesterday - this is the amp making me grin at midnight last night very quietly in the lounge :mrgreen:
tmb.jpg
tmb2.jpg

Nice looker, 18 watters are awesome, mine is a 36watter so the clean is bigger, its phenomenal ;) Marshalls have some of the best cleans :)

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I'm now a firm believer, BG. Yes. I'm firm. :silent:

Taylor - holy shat you are right! We are brothers from other mothers :mrgreen:

Yep, the cab is DC (from the forum) built with basketweave. I just switched out the G12Ts for Emi's, otherwise I suspect we have the same cab :D The tolex is coming off in places and I've contemplating changing to Fendery grillcloth or staining the basketweave somehow (can this be done?) - but I'm super happy with it. What drivers do you have in yours?

I haven't dimed the 18 Watt TMB yet and probably won;t be able to until the next band practice or studio sesh. But I did dime the AC30HWH today when the guy came to pick it up... Master volume bypassed on the Normal channel cranked = :wtf: :think: :thumbup:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

tmb.jpg

awesome, I have seriously considered one of these.....the big question "how much gain can ya get out of it" :?:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

MogwaiBoy wrote:I'm now a firm believer, BG. Yes. I'm firm. :silent:

Taylor - holy shat you are right! We are brothers from other mothers :mrgreen:

Yep, the cab is DC (from the forum) built with basketweave. I just switched out the G12Ts for Emi's, otherwise I suspect we have the same cab :D The tolex is coming off in places and I've contemplating changing to Fendery grillcloth or staining the basketweave somehow (can this be done?) - but I'm super happy with it. What drivers do you have in yours?

I haven't dimed the 18 Watt TMB yet and probably won;t be able to until the next band practice or studio sesh. But I did dime the AC30HWH today when the guy came to pick it up... Master volume bypassed on the Normal channel cranked = :wtf: :think: :thumbup:
I bought mine 'unloaded' off Unique. I have recently acquired a Greenback, good fit with the 18W. They come standard in the 1974X (used to own one). I still need another speaker at some stage. Thinking about putting a 10" in the other side.

Yeah I've considered changing the grill cloth too. Would go with the salt n pepper grillcloth like on the Marshall 1974X.
Nothing to see here.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

and don't forget, its a marshall - get those channels jumpered :D

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

I'm honest, I've been getting most of my cleans lately off my 2204 JCM800. Too much hum and touchy volumes on the 5e3.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol