Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY GrantB
#852003
telefiend wrote:NAD! The amp to end all amps :D

84698511_1428448994023140_1725855878306856960_o.jpg


In my opinion, the black/silver face Princeton Reverb is the must have amp in a collection. I almost sold mine (1973 Silverface) to buy some silly guitar about 2 years ago. Thankfully it didn’t happen.

Congrats.
User avatar
BY GrantB
#852004
Slowy wrote:Just found a photo of my old WMD rig. Still don't know how there were no casualties! :rofl:

IMGP0070.JPG

Is that our JTM?
User avatar
BY Mike Clayton
#852005
Here's my completed Trinity TC15. Electronics by me, head cab by BG & 112 cab by Livesound. This is a 15W RMS Vox/Matchless amp with an EF86 channel, an AC30 Top Boost channel, a "more gain" switch (works on Top Boost channel), switchable OT primary impedance (which provides the Vox or Matchless choice), 4/8/16 output impedance, global power scaling (VRM), a "Cut" control and a master volume. Got the Celestion Blue in the cab but yet to crank. All those tones!

Trinity TC15 + Cab.jpg
Trinity TC15 + Cab.jpg (797.68 KiB) Viewed 364 times

TC15 Front+Top.jpg
TC15 Front+Top.jpg (174.05 KiB) Viewed 364 times

TC15 Finished Gutshot.jpg
TC15 Finished Gutshot.jpg (279.97 KiB) Viewed 364 times
User avatar
BY Slowy
#852006
GrantB wrote:
Slowy wrote:Just found a photo of my old WMD rig. Still don't know how there were no casualties! :rofl:

IMGP0070.JPG

Is that our JTM?

Certainly is.
I miss it, but I still have nowhere I could use it.
User avatar
BY Slowy
#852007
kdawg2a wrote:
Slowy wrote:Just found a photo of my old WMD rig. Still don't know how there were no casualties! :rofl:

IMGP0070.JPG

That is an appropriate rig.

To think I've gone from that to a 12 watt Jansen and people still say I'm loud. :roll:
User avatar
BY k1w1
#852009
This is #1, a Mike 5E3, I have played this every day since I got it. Bloody wonderful piece of kit.

ImageIMG_1899 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

This has sentimental value, a 1954 Valco made Harmony 8418, served as my trip amp across the USA, 5 watts of attitude.

ImageIMG_1809 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr
Last edited by k1w1 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BY telefiend
#852011
GrantB wrote:
telefiend wrote:NAD! The amp to end all amps :D

84698511_1428448994023140_1725855878306856960_o.jpg


In my opinion, the black/silver face Princeton Reverb is the must have amp in a collection. I almost sold mine (1973 Silverface) to buy some silly guitar about 2 years ago. Thankfully it didn’t happen.

Congrats.


It really it quite lovely - first amp in while that makes me want to keep playing. Bit more spendy than my usual purchases but certainly no regrets :)
User avatar
BY Timoes
#852012
RK50.
Attachments
20200208_153318.jpg
20200208_153318.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 313 times
User avatar
BY Cdog
#852029
Mike Clayton wrote:Here's my completed Trinity TC15. Electronics by me, head cab by BG & 112 cab by Livesound. This is a 15W RMS Vox/Matchless amp with an EF86 channel, an AC30 Top Boost channel, a "more gain" switch (works on Top Boost channel), switchable OT primary impedance (which provides the Vox or Matchless choice), 4/8/16 output impedance, global power scaling (VRM), a "Cut" control and a master volume. Got the Celestion Blue in the cab but yet to crank. All those tones!

Trinity TC15 + Cab.jpg

TC15 Front+Top.jpg

TC15 Finished Gutshot.jpg

That is gorgeous! What a pair. Congrats on another excellent build
User avatar
BY Mike Clayton
#852031
Cdog wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:Here's my completed Trinity TC15. Electronics by me, head cab by BG & 112 cab by Livesound. This is a 15W RMS Vox/Matchless amp with an EF86 channel, an AC30 Top Boost channel, a "more gain" switch (works on Top Boost channel), switchable OT primary impedance (which provides the Vox or Matchless choice), 4/8/16 output impedance, global power scaling (VRM), a "Cut" control and a master volume. Got the Celestion Blue in the cab but yet to crank. All those tones!

Trinity TC15 + Cab.jpg

TC15 Front+Top.jpg

TC15 Finished Gutshot.jpg

That is gorgeous! What a pair. Congrats on another excellent build

Thanks Corey!
User avatar
BY MattH
#852033
[quote="k1w1"]This is #1, a Mike 5E3, I have played this every day since I got it. Bloody wonderful piece of kit.

ImageIMG_1899 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

Loving the lacquer finish on that too.
User avatar
BY MattH
#852036
Mike Clayton wrote:
MattH wrote:
k1w1 wrote:This is #1, a Mike 5E3, I have played this every day since I got it. Bloody wonderful piece of kit.

ImageIMG_1899 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

Loving the lacquer finish on that too.

That's BG's work!


Yup - figures!
User avatar
BY Bg
#852101
Slowy wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Slowy wrote:Just found a photo of my old WMD rig. Still don't know how there were no casualties! :rofl:

IMGP0070.JPG

Is that our JTM?

Certainly is.
I miss it, but I still have nowhere I could use it.

the only place I got it cranking was the mission bay blues fest- outdoor to a big crowd, it sounded awesome. So good that I retired afterwards.
Who has it now?
  • 1
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68