Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: Ash Customworks stuff 2012

Post by sty »

dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:11 pm
sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:45 pm It's great going back and looking at all those amazing Ash/Radian guitars, seeing the history and build up to a couple that I now own.

funny seeing a post on FB from 7 years ago of me admiring one new release which now hangs on the wall behind me :)
WHich is yours man?
It's my job to look after this wonderful guitar, that used to belong to Bg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ashcustom ... 947770622/

I also have a Radian SG Jnr that I bought from Scarecrow, here it is on the wall behind my desk.
Guitars.jpg
Guitars.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2946 times
(left to right) Ash Donnie, Taylor, RRV made with a Mahogany body and parts from Adrian, Radian SG Jnr

between the Donnie and the Taylor is a Korina superstrat body from Adrian for a project I've had sitting around for far too long but I am going to start completing soon.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

I remember that one well! nice score, the SG's of his I played were amazing too. Did you score one of his V bodies?

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sty »

dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:14 pm I remember that one well! nice score, the SG's of his I played were amazing too. Did you score one of his V bodies?
No I got the RRV on one one of his New Years clean outs. I actually really really wish I'd got a proper Flying V body because I really wanted a Flying V in the Michael Schenker style so much, but I've decided I really really don't need one and certainly can't justify it so I've put that dream away for good.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:16 pm No I got the RRV on one one of his New Years clean outs. I actually really really wish I'd got a proper Flying V body because I really wanted a Flying V in the Michael Schenker style so much, but I've decided I really really don't need one and certainly can't justify it so I've put that dream away for good.
The black and white? yeah that kinda iconic Scorpions / MSG type goodness. I remember seeing a bunch of Traditional style V bodies (from memory) on FB market place a while after he closed up shop and regret not getting one, they were stupid cheap.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:16 pm
dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:14 pm I remember that one well! nice score, the SG's of his I played were amazing too. Did you score one of his V bodies?
No I got the RRV on one one of his New Years clean outs. I actually really really wish I'd got a proper Flying V body because I really wanted a Flying V in the Michael Schenker style so much, but I've decided I really really don't need one and certainly can't justify it so I've put that dream away for good.
Yeah, me too, too fucking uncomfortable when sat down ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

I think it's a good sign that there's quite a few ASH/Radian guitars our there but they rarely pop up for sale. I don't think I'll ever let go of my ASH.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sty »

dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:21 pm
sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:16 pm No I got the RRV on one one of his New Years clean outs. I actually really really wish I'd got a proper Flying V body because I really wanted a Flying V in the Michael Schenker style so much, but I've decided I really really don't need one and certainly can't justify it so I've put that dream away for good.
The black and white? yeah that kinda iconic Scorpions / MSG type goodness. I remember seeing a bunch of Traditional style V bodies (from memory) on FB market place a while after he closed up shop and regret not getting one, they were stupid cheap.
I've learned from experience that buying a cheap body is a long way from ending up with a cheap guitar. If you do it justice by the time you've sourced pickups, hardware and a neck (without thinking of the finish) you'd have been better buying a cheap 2nd hand guitar from somewhere. BUT where's the fun in that ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:29 pm
dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:21 pm
I've learned from experience that buying a cheap body is a long way from ending up with a cheap guitar. If you do it justice by the time you've sourced pickups, hardware and a neck (without thinking of the finish) you'd have been better buying a cheap 2nd hand guitar from somewhere. BUT where's the fun in that ;)
These were Adrian blanks.... I have my name down for one still IIRC. I'm sure he still has them ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:12 pm
dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:11 pm
sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:45 pm It's great going back and looking at all those amazing Ash/Radian guitars, seeing the history and build up to a couple that I now own.

funny seeing a post on FB from 7 years ago of me admiring one new release which now hangs on the wall behind me :)
WHich is yours man?
It's my job to look after this wonderful guitar, that used to belong to Bg

And heres its cousin I'm hanging onto :)
Attachments
donnie.JPG
donnie.JPG (4.54 MiB) Viewed 2876 times

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:29 pm

Haha true, and I can relate. I used Ash's Ibanez 540P Template and scored a one piece Sapele slab........I've had it unfinished not even ready for a neck for over a decade now... and it sounds weird about thinking about that :shock: :lol:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

I saw one of the JS when I was at his shop. Def wow.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Bg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:34 pm

These were Adrian blanks.... I have my name down for one still IIRC. I'm sure he still has them ;)
Did he not move them? shit, I'll grab one.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sty »

Bg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 pm
That's gorgeous :)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dayl wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:45 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:34 pm

Did he not move them? shit, I'll grab one.
remind him one set is mine ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:45 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 pm
That's gorgeous :)

it eases the pain ;)