StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Ash Customworks stuff 2012

Post by StratMatt »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:58 pm I'd like to thank this forum for documenting these fantastic guitars built by Ash Customworks.

Earlier this year, I was looking for a guitar with P90s. I was lucky to have found this Radian Les Paul selling on Trademe by Nik (who has said he posts on NZGuitars.com). It came installed with Mr Glyn's "Black Sand" pickups and Hipshot tuners. Neck thru design. I was surprised how light it was.

If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have bought this (I would have probably settled for an inferior Epiphone SG Special P90 Faded for around the same price). I was also lucky that the seller categorised the auction under 'Guitar -> Other' instead of 'Guitar -> Electric Guitars', possibly limiting the number of page visits by a significant amount.
Hey man, cool to see you bought this guitar. I, among a few others on here owned this for a time. You definitely scored a good deal there, especially with the pickups included. Miles ahead of any Epiphone I would imagine.
Loving it so far

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

StratMatt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:14 pm Hey man, cool to see you bought this guitar. I, among a few others on here owned this for a time. You definitely scored a good deal there, especially with the pickups included. Miles ahead of any Epiphone I would imagine.
Hahaha I never knew this guitar had such a history of promiscuity! It's probably been fingered by more men than my wife!

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Jeepers
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Thankfully, for both of our wives, I've only fingered your guitar.
Loving it so far

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

without disrespecting the beautiful comments from jhyang549......

Adrian was/is a real inspiration for me. Seeing his work still thrills me....
I cherish the Radian tele he built for me....northern Ash hollow body, rio Grande P90s....great instrument.
so thrilled to have suggested the name Radian.....maybe my biggest claim to fame :lol: :clap: :clap:
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:21 pm
StratMatt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:14 pm Hey man, cool to see you bought this guitar. I, among a few others on here owned this for a time. You definitely scored a good deal there, especially with the pickups included. Miles ahead of any Epiphone I would imagine.
Hahaha I never knew this guitar had such a history of promiscuity! It's probably been fingered by more men than my wife!
Welcome to the sausage fest
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

ash wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 am Number three in down-tuning week - hailing from the Light side of The Force...

Radian JM
~ Mahogany body in gloss white
~ Maple Modern neck, 22 jumbo frets, satin natural lacquer
~ Bareknuckle Nailbomb through a single volume pot
~ Strung 13-62, tuned to Drop-B
~ Playing its first gig tonight - not sure where or the band name, but it will be loud and heavy.

More/bigger: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashcustomworks/
Far out, if anyone owns this and wants to sell let me know... i remember seeing this back in 2012 and being impressed as.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

A very welcome dredge! Great look back. Definitely a big loss to the world of guitars (his happy place seems to be making and flying model aircraft now). This particular thread was the wrong year to catch my own Ash made Fireman replica -need to hit 2011 for that:
ash wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm For nostalgia's sake, you can check out the 2011 lineup here: http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 93#p461116
And 2010 here: http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=15959

As always, more and bigger pictures can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashcustomworks
And here: https://www.facebook.com/ashcustomworks
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

matman wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:44 pm A very welcome dredge! Great look back. Definitely a big loss to the world of guitars (his happy place seems to be making and flying model aircraft now). This particular thread was the wrong year to catch my own Ash made Fireman replica -need to hit 2011 for that:
ash wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm For nostalgia's sake, you can check out the 2011 lineup here: http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 93#p461116
And 2010 here: http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=15959

As always, more and bigger pictures can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashcustomworks
And here: https://www.facebook.com/ashcustomworks
Nice, I'll check it out as Im looking for that silver grey? 7 string Suhr type strat he did. I'm sure its been up for sale since but I need the inspo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

There's a body of his being sold on TM, looks killer even without a neck or hardware.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

It's great going back and looking at all those amazing Ash/Radian guitars, seeing the history and build up to a couple that I now own.

funny seeing a post on FB from 7 years ago of me admiring one new release which now hangs on the wall behind me :)

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

sty wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:45 pm It's great going back and looking at all those amazing Ash/Radian guitars, seeing the history and build up to a couple that I now own.

funny seeing a post on FB from 7 years ago of me admiring one new release which now hangs on the wall behind me :)
WHich is yours man?

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

hamo wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:34 pm There's a body of his being sold on TM, looks killer even without a neck or hardware.
The big thing I found with his guitars, which were impeccably well made and effectively engineered to the highest standard rather than crafted, was the way he set them up.

Even Paul Gilbert recognised and appreciated Adrian's set up skills.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:39 pm
hamo wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:34 pm There's a body of his being sold on TM, looks killer even without a neck or hardware.
The big thing I found with his guitars, which were impeccably well made and effectively engineered to the highest standard rather than crafted, was the way he set them up.

Even Paul Gilbert recognised and appreciated Adrian's set up skills.
All while being a bloody good bugger. Honestly the amount of tyre kicking that man put up with would have destroyed a Hilux.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

there are some great guitars in this thread, everyone a winner!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.