Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: NSGD

Post by Vorbis »

Jenesis wrote:I've always thought SGs are yukky, but Rob is a good guy and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. And it is quite a nice example.
Yeah this, necks are good but that body? It's the work of Satan. Just look at the horns.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

Boo to all you haters. SGs are awesome, especially ones with P-90s.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

They're the work of Satan. Just look at the horns.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

benderissimo wrote:Boo to all you haters. SGs are awesome, especially ones with P-90s.
Could have been designed by Joan Osbourne.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Or even Sharon.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Nice guitar, well done.

Satan has all the best music.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Thanks guys. It's an incredible sounding guitar. Loving the P90s

Just got it back after being setup very nicely and I've put a pigtail wraparound bridge (adjustable for more accurate intonation) thanks to *Unique* (he has the same bridge on his '62). Very happy with it.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

Rob will probably know, but seeing as we're talking about SG's can anybody explain advantages over 1/2/3 piece bodies to me? Particularly interested in if there was a point when SG standards changed from 1 or 2 piece...also what's the deal with certain era SG's? I gather that 70's and 80's one were not considered to be so hot in terms of craftmanship. I figure a one piece is best sustain wise, is it just cheaper to make multiple piece bodies?

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Heaps of '60s Strats have 2 piece bodies. It's hard to find wood big enough to make lots of guitars with 1 piece bodies. Most modern guitars have 2 piece bodies and or even 3 piece. I think most SG's are 2 or 3 pieces. I've seen photos of 5 piece and even a 7 piece (!!!!) LP Deluxe (early '70s, mini humbuckers). Crazy.

. My Tele body is 3 piece Korina and sounds great. It's not worth fussing over eh, if a guitar sounds good then play it.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

You know I like to research the shit out of anything before I buy it tho! The guitar is in Ak so as usual I can't play it. I asked because this is apparently 1 piece, according to his copy/paste (I think) description. But I hear ya, spend less time reading about guitars, more time playing them!! My life story! Luckily theres no net at home so guitars actually get played now.