meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 291 times

Re: Show Us Your Guitar

Post by ChAoZ »

The last guitar that was bought not built,
Attachments
83688570_632789847525077_820442386801885184_n.jpg
83688570_632789847525077_820442386801885184_n.jpg (404.06 KiB) Viewed 4304 times

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

ChAoZ wrote:The last guitar that was bought not built,
nice is that marble finish stock? and is that a super 3 in the bridge?
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

HM Strat for the win! Love these, have wanted one since I was a teenager.

Does look like a Super 3 in the bridge, so without being able to see the wire colour on the single coils, this is a 2nd version US made one?
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

willow13 wrote:nice is that marble finish stock? and is that a super 3 in the bridge?
Yes and yes

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

Danger Mouse wrote:HM Strat for the win! Love these, have wanted one since I was a teenager.

Does look like a Super 3 in the bridge, so without being able to see the wire colour on the single coils, this is a 2nd version US made one?
I have wanted one since they came out too, and when this came up I had to have it, from my research all HM's are MIJ

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

ChAoZ wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:HM Strat for the win! Love these, have wanted one since I was a teenager.

I have wanted one since they came out too, and when this came up I had to have it, from my research all HM's are MIJ
The info I've seen says they started off being made in Japan, then briefly assembled in the US with some Japanese parts, then US made.

Wiki has info on the details and how to tell and I've seen this info elsewhere too (as wiki cannot be relied on :D)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_HM_Strat

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

That does look very cool!!!

Questions...

Since you're very proficient at making your own guitars, do you have many mass produced ones? And what are your reasons for having the mass prodcued ones, over making something similar yourself?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

AiRdAd wrote:
That does look very cool!!!

Questions...

Since you're very proficient at making your own guitars, do you have many mass produced ones? And what are your reasons for having the mass prodcued ones, over making something similar yourself?
i'll throw in an answer here to .. I am no where near the level of Kerry as a builder but for me it is like everything I do, I think others are better. Like when I cook, I think every one else's food tastes better than mine but every single person tells me I am a better cook than they are.
Same applies to guitars..I love some of the ones I have built but when I pick up my Charvel or Jackson they just feel like real guitars, my feel home made.

The only guitar that I have built that I think feels "real" is the purple quilt one I posted up a month or so a good. That feels and sounds awesome. The red/pink Jackson body that you gave me is probably the best sounding guitar I own but the neck I built for it is a little bit shit..not unplayable by any means but it feels very home made

hope that makes sense :rofl:

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

AiRdAd wrote:That does look very cool!!!

Questions...

I also have these two, I've had the Charvel since new about 30 years, and I bought the RG550 a couple of years ago because I always wanted one of those since I played one when they were first released,
I also don't have a guitar that I have made - everything is sold to by more materials and tools, but I have been thinking lately about what I would build for myself if I was to
Attachments
FB_IMG_1576396972294.jpg
FB_IMG_1576396972294.jpg (18.52 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
received_1159181330853083.jpeg
received_1159181330853083.jpeg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 4138 times

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

willow13 wrote:i'll throw in an answer here to .. I am no where near the level of Kerry as a builder but for me it is like everything I do, I think others are better. Like when I cook, I think every one else's food tastes better than mine but every single person tells me I am a better cook than they are.
Same applies to guitars..I love some of the ones I have built but when I pick up my Charvel or Jackson they just feel like real guitars, my feel home made.

The only guitar that I have built that I think feels "real" is the purple quilt one I posted up a month or so a good. That feels and sounds awesome. The red/pink Jackson body that you gave me is probably the best sounding guitar I own but the neck I built for it is a little bit shit..not unplayable by any means but it feels very home made

hope that makes sense :rofl:
I have 4 sons and I have a plan to leave each of them a guitar, might as well be things I like too, anyone selling a Vandenburg
I have this one too, body from Adrian, neck from Warmoth
Attachments
received_1211692665601949.jpeg
received_1211692665601949.jpeg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 4132 times

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

ChAoZ wrote: I've had the Charvel since new about 30 years
oh my god stop it :rofl: :rofl:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

ChAoZ wrote: I have this one too, body from Adrian, neck from Warmoth
damn I have ogled that thing every time I see it for sale on facebook .. stop it please :rofl: :rofl:

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

ChAoZ wrote:
I also have these two, I've had the Charvel since new about 30 years, and I bought the RG550 a couple of years ago because I always wanted one of those since I played one when they were first released,
I also don't have a guitar that I have made - everything is sold to by more materials and tools, but I have been thinking lately about what I would build for myself if I was to
Damn you have some taste in classic shred weapons!

What is that Charvel though? It looks like a Deluxe 475 (I have one of those) with a Model 6 neck on it. Would seem unusual, especially with a matching headstock and correct 475 logo... but of course someone with your talents could easily refin.

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

Danger Mouse wrote:Damn you have some taste in classic shred weapons!

What is that Charvel though? It looks like a Deluxe 475 (I have one of those) with a Model 6 neck on it. Would seem unusual, especially with a matching headstock and correct 475 logo... but of course someone with your talents could easily refin.
Spent my teen years in the 80's, so I like everything from that era, the music the cars - will have a BFMR again some day
My Charvel is a 650 Custom / 650XL, totally stock apart from a big brass trem block
The Charvel is neck-thru so would be a nightmare to refinish, when I bought the RG550 I had plans to paint it in RFR or DSY but apparently white is a rare colour so I'll just leave it
Please share a pic of your 475

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Yep, you can't beat Leg warmers, guys wearing makeup and Rick Astley :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.