Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Who the fuck is Siggi Schwarz

Post by Bg »

I keep coming across the all star jam things he's doing and I think - really rich guy paying people to play with him? If he's playing some of the stuff I'm hearing, he's no slouch but... never heard of him being in a band. Have I missed him? Google doesn't help.

He's older than me, I've never heard of him until recently. Earliest discography is 2006. So rich guy paying people to play with him, oh-err...

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Re: Who the fuck is Siggi Schwarz

Post by Bg »

I'm guessing the above is Geoff...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

No idea but that's a great song. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

First album 1979.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siggi_S ... Schwarz%20(*%2028.%20Februar,deutscher%20Gitarrist%2C%20Musikproduzent%20und%20Konzertveranstalter.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Yeah according to Wikipedia he's a producer that has worked with most of these people. Guess he made friends.

Seems like he's opened for a bunch of names and played at festivals with some too. I think he's earned his place as much as anyone really?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:49 pm First album 1979.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siggi_S ... Schwarz%20(*%2028.%20Februar,deutscher%20Gitarrist%2C%20Musikproduzent%20und%20Konzertveranstalter.
and then under the radar until 2004 with the schenker thing.

Just not that much internet info on him.

He's exactly in my ball park, bit of moore bit of schenker. But not being in a 'major' band then getting all these big sesh musicians on his albums makes me all trumpster!

I'm just going to listen and enjoy and not go all q-anon. His Gary Moore one is really quite good.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

He has some awesome talent on these albums - Lukather, Geoff Whitehorn, Shenker, Neil Murray et al. Why is he doing covers? Fucking great covers, but pretty much the same as the originals. Just curious :D Its all I can do too lol...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Ok got a bit more info

"Schwarz played in the band Blue Mushroom and the funk-rock band Split, with whom he records several brought in the 1970s and 1980s on the market and did concerts in Germany, Greece, Austria, France and Luxembourg. In 1987 he won with his band the VIP Marlboro Music Award – the best German rock band with more than 1,200 participants.

This led to a recording contract with Marlboro Music / Ariola , a production in Peter Maffay Red Rooster Studio and several television appearances. Siggi Schwarz spent several years as Gitarrenvorführer on the Frankfurt Musikmesse active.

As guitarist and music producer he worked with Michael Schenker , Chris Thompson , Chris Norman , Mungo Jerry , Steve Lukather , Simon Phillips , Frank Diez , Geoff Whitehorn, Laurie Wisefield, Alex Conti and Pete Haycock . From 1990 to 2007 he also operational in Heidenheim an der Brenz a guitar shop."

but no Mungo Jerry collaboration as far as I know :(

There is some great stuff on his collab albums I'm hearing though. I just had no clue who he was until this. And I'm a schenker fanboi.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Its just so weird for him to be under the radar, he is exactly where I sit guitar playing. Or his guests do, man I'm inspired and I have a fucked shoulder. Lets hope the inspiration lasts.

He's probably sat on nzguitars.de wondering who I am. yeah. right.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ok 3:22 the solo starts. I stand corrected, he can play. He can PLAY and with feeling, against the sax.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Peter Maffay Red Rooster Studio
Peter Maffay had a massive hit in Europe with this one:

Such a pretty boy he was...

When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I got confused and thought you meant this guy:

Hugo Stiglitz.JPG
Hugo Stiglitz.JPG (38.07 KiB) Viewed 2886 times

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:37 pm I got confused and thought you meant this guy:

Hugo Stiglitz.JPG
was he in spandau ballet?