John Mayer Worshipthread

An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: John Mayer Megathread

Post by Mini Forklift »

Marshmallow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:54 am Speaking of John mayer, Just ordered the chassis for a TR build after the small Marshall build.
Gonna be awesome! Can you please start a new thread for this build?

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
Marshmallow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:54 am Speaking of John mayer, Just ordered the chassis for a TR build after the small Marshall build.
Gonna be awesome! Can you please start a new thread for this build?
Of Course :D

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Been properly working on Stop This Train these last few days on a lovely Eastman mini jumbo acoustic I've recently acquired from oleg. I've always just jumbled through it, but it's rewarding to actually get the picking rhythm down the right way. Really nice chords in the chorus.
Loving it so far

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

StratMatt wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 am Been properly working on Stop This Train these last few days on a lovely Eastman mini jumbo acoustic I've recently acquired from oleg. I've always just jumbled through it, but it's rewarding to actually get the picking rhythm down the right way. Really nice chords in the chorus.
I think this song is so under-rated. Also, I recommend thumb and forefinger only with the picking hand. Helped me get the rhythm more consistent.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

robthemac wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:33 am
StratMatt wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 am Been properly working on Stop This Train these last few days on a lovely Eastman mini jumbo acoustic I've recently acquired from oleg. I've always just jumbled through it, but it's rewarding to actually get the picking rhythm down the right way. Really nice chords in the chorus.
I think this song is so under-rated. Also, I recommend thumb and forefinger only with the picking hand. Helped me get the rhythm more consistent.
Yep that's the way to go eh? How about that stretch for the verse chords :?
Loving it so far

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

That's one technique I am still to learn, that rhythmic pluck'n'chuck technique. Love that song too.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

codedog wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:40 am
That's one technique I am still to learn, that rhythmic pluck'n'chuck technique. Love that song too.
Justin Guitar does a good lesson on it. Once you get it you've basically learnt Who Says, Heart of Life plus some others I'm sure.
Loving it so far

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

StratMatt wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:58 am
codedog wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:40 am
Justin Guitar does a good lesson on it. Once you get it you've basically learnt Who Says, Heart of Life plus some others I'm sure.
You're right, Mayer uses that technique a lot. I like it. Will check out the lesson you mentioned.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone had a crack at Neon?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

StratMatt wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 am
robthemac wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:33 am
Yep that's the way to go eh? How about that stretch for the verse chords :?
Doesn't help to have the hands of a ten-year old girl.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:37 am Anyone had a crack at Neon?
Too hard :rofl: for now...
Loving it so far

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

I've got all the notes down, but can't get the rhythmic slapping down. It's beastly.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:22 pm

I've got all the notes down, but can't get the rhythmic slapping down. It's beastly.
And THEN you have to try singing it at the same time, the man is incredible!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

JohnG
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JohnG »

Insane Solo on Slow Dancing:

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

His new PRS is his mid life crisis. In 10 years he'll be back on a ratty old strat.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.