robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: John Mayer Worshipthread

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 am You gave the middle finger to Mayer? I thought you loved him.... oh well.
JB would love to give Mayer more than just his middle finger.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

I been telling y'all, Strymon NightSky is where it's at.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/john-ma ... -solo-tour
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm I been telling y'all, Strymon NightSky is where it's at.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/john-ma ... -solo-tour
I'm waiting for him to discover Caline pedals and then make me a millionaire! :mental:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I think I enjoy John most in the trio situation, so good!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

He mentioned wearing Patek P watch cleaning up dog poo on his watch videos, then YT showed me this!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

I've chucked the two kids in the paddling pool and have nominated myself as supervisor. Given them some marbles, ethylene glycol and a plugged-in hairdryer. Should keep them occupied for a while.

Great excuse to sit in the deck in the sun and play acoustic guitar. The Taylor is freshly strung and absolutely singing. I'd forgotten how much fun Stop This Train and My Stupid Mouth are to play. Basically running through Mayer's catalogue up to Battle Studies. Good times.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:17 am I've chucked the two kids in the paddling pool and have nominated myself as supervisor. Given them some marbles, ethylene glycol and a plugged-in hairdryer. Should keep them occupied for a while.

Great excuse to sit in the deck in the sun and play acoustic guitar. The Taylor is freshly strung and absolutely singing. I'd forgotten how much fun Stop This Train and My Stupid Mouth are to play. Basically running through Mayer's catalogue up to Battle Studies. Good times.
Enjoy!! Its pouring down with rain here :-(

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

robthemac wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:17 am I've chucked the two kids in the paddling pool and have nominated myself as supervisor. Given them some marbles, ethylene glycol and a plugged-in hairdryer. Should keep them occupied for a while.

Mayer's pluck'n'slap technique is still a bit of a holy grail for me, up there with Travis picking. It's quite a slog for me, no signs of instant gratification there!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

codedog wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Mayer's pluck'n'slap technique is still a bit of a holy grail for me, up there with Travis picking. It's quite a slog for me, no signs of instant gratification there!
I don't do it properly where you strictly alternate between thumb and index finger. I use thumb for bass notes only, and sneak in the middle finger where possible (easy, Jeremy)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:14 pm
codedog wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:56 pm

I don't do it properly where you strictly alternate between thumb and index finger. I use thumb for bass notes only, and sneak in the middle finger where possible (easy, Jeremy)
Easy for you <3

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Paul is such a salesman, which often makes me feel uneasy watching his videos.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Just went and played two Silver sky SE’s to test out with maple and Rosewood boards.

I think this is just confirmed I’m not a Strat guy when my favourite feature was how smoothly the five way switch worked.

To be honest, I found them a bit underwhelming, and even one of the Mexican Stratocaster that I tried for comparison was much nicer to play and sounded snappier.

Interesting to see what the differences make on this new one.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The Scarecrow wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:20 pm Just went and played two Silver sky SE’s to test out with maple and Rosewood boards.

I think this is just confirmed I’m not a Strat guy when my favourite feature was how smoothly the five way switch worked.

To be honest, I found them a bit underwhelming, and even one of the Mexican Stratocaster that I tried for comparison was much nicer to play and sounded snappier.

I still haven't tried a silver sky, I really don't want to in case I like it more than my roadworn strat :lol: I think thats highly unlikely though...

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

The Scarecrow wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:20 pm Just went and played two Silver sky SE’s to test out with maple and Rosewood boards.

Its amazing how different people and guitars are, I played mine back to back with a Fender Player Strat through a Princeton and I much preferred the SE. Lighter, better neck, punchier pickups...
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Its amazing how different people and guitars are, I played mine back to back with a Fender Player Strat through a Princeton and I much preferred the SE. Lighter, better neck, punchier pickups...
TBF I think a lot of it was due to the fact that both examples had worn, dry strings that sounded like ass.

I did like that the SS' bridge pickup did not have that shrillness that strat bridges often have. Bit more smooth and musical.

I went in favouring the maple neck (my usual preference on Fender style guitars) but would have gone with rosewood if I'd been serious about buying. Just felt nicer.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."