Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: John Mayer Megathread

Post by Slowy »

Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 am https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-BANKB-20554
Dislike!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Cheers, will give that a watch later
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I had a dream about JM last night, got to meet him at some event, he invited me to come stay at his house if I was ever in town, dreamy.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

That pretty much qualifies as a wet dream

hudsonsaul
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by hudsonsaul »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 am https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-BANKB-20554
Pay walled. Got the text?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:rofl:
Attachments
ThatsEnoughJohnMayer.jpg
ThatsEnoughJohnMayer.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 1713 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 268 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Litterick »

hudsonsaul wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:45 pm
Pay walled. Got the text?
Soulful crooner John Mayer may want to pen a heartfelt farewell to the $160,000 he was supposed to get after selling his rare amp.

The broker that sold the pop rocker’s Dumble amp, which once belonged to legendary musician Jackson Browne, filed for bankruptcy before paying Mr. Mayer—meaning the musician will likely get a fraction of the sale or no money.

The financial problems at Phil Winfield’s Maverick Music store outside Charlotte, N.C., also affected other customers who sued the business and say they are owed more than $500,000 for sold instruments. One customer had Mr. Winfield briefly arrested in October, prompting him to put his business and himself into bankruptcy to work out a repayment plan.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Mr. Winfield said he plans to pay the instrument sellers back some money in bankruptcy, but it’s unclear how much.

Mr. Winfield blamed the instrument brokerage’s financial problems on an expensive lawsuit with an ex-business partner and a temperature malfunction at an instrument storage site that damaged dozens of valuable guitars. Insurance money has trickled in slowly, but legal costs piled up quickly, he said.

John Mayer is a longtime client of Mr. Winfield’s 14-year-old company but not the most famous one, Mr. Winfield said. In fall 2013, according to a federal lawsuit, Mr. Mayer asked the company to find a buyer for the highly-sought Dumble amp.

Fewer than 300 of these Dumbles exist, and good luck getting one. Guitar Aficiando magazine reported that the wait for a new Dumble amp is at least a decade and that California craftsman Alexander Dumble might kick your order to the bottom of the pile if you pester him.

“They’re incredible,” said salesman Keith Gregory, who once sold Dumbles to Eric Clapton and Joe Bonamassa, at Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, Tenn. “It’s the articulation of every note. Every note is just clear, and the overdrive is just incredible.”

Maverick Music also sold Mr. Mayer’s 2004 Stevie Ray Vaughan Fender Stratocaster guitar for $60,000 and a Two-Rock amplifier head and cabinet for $120,000, according to court papers. (Two-Rock sells a John Mayer-inspired amplifier.)

After waiting months for payment, Mr. Mayer’s business entity Homelife LLC sued Maverick Music for $340,000. Lawyers for Homelife, which is the title of one of Mr. Mayer’s songs, declined to comment.

So even if you’re John Mayer, people who consign items like rare instruments have thin rights when a consignment business files for bankruptcy protection. In bankruptcy, lenders—rather than consigners—are often entitled to the inventory.

A consigner can make it clear that they own a piece of property until it’s sold by filing the proper legal paperwork, but even this isn’t fool-proof. The bankrupt Whitehall Jewelers once argued that jewelry consigners lost some of their rights when the 373-store chain’s name changed from Whitehall Jewellers to Whitehall Jewelers.

A consigner can easily be left with “damn near nothing” as recourse in these cases, said Paul Rachmuth, a New York attorney who represents consigners. And if the consigned property was sold before the bankruptcy, that unpaid seller is likely to end up in line with everyone else who is waiting for a check.

As for Mr. Mayer, his Dumble is now in the hands of a collector in Harrisburg, Pa.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

More crossroads goodness!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

Had my first Mayer dream last night. Met him in a supermarket car park and went up to him to let him know I’d just bought one of his PRS SE models, he thanked me and fist bumped me before walking off

Pretty cool of him to turn up at my house unannounced later on and hang out, he was keen to have a play on my new guitar. He’d had a haircut but still looked pretty dreamy… dreamy enough that I kept my wife in a separate room from him

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

MiniForklift wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:24 am He’d had a haircut but still looked pretty dreamy… dreamy enough that I kept my wife in a separate room from him
Wise. Would have been awkward having her watching.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

He’d have probably ended up writing a song about her