An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Drummer for prog group Rush, passed away aged 67 after a 3+ year battle with brain cancer. He lost his daughter in 1997 and then his wife a year later, hopefully he is back with them now.

A great drummer that will be sorely missed :(
BY sizzlingbadger
sad day - he was an avid motorcyclist and by some accounts also a great drummer !
BY jeremyb
Terrible band, but talented man, too young!
BY philly
anyone else think he looked like terry wogan in his latter years?
BY Basket Case
philly wrote:anyone else think he looked like terry wogan in his latter years?

Don't know who that is, but I just saw a pic of Peart on Facebook and he was looking a lot like Kevin Spacey.

I'm not a Rush fan (can't stand Geddy Lee's voice), but Neil Peart was an incredible drummer and seemed like a really nice guy.
BY sty
I was very sad to hear the news.

Rush are a massive part of my music listening over the years. Luckily I got to see them live quite a few times, and I’ll have those memories and the music.

I just think it’s so cruel that he got such a short retirement to enjoy.
BY Molly
Basket Case wrote:
philly wrote:anyone else think he looked like terry wogan in his latter years?

Don't know who that is, but I just saw a pic of Peart on Facebook and he was looking a lot like Kevin Spacey.

I'm not a Rush fan (can't stand Geddy Lee's voice), but Neil Peart was an incredible drummer and seemed like a really nice guy.

I recall his personal, hand-written letter published in Kerrang on paper headed 'From the Desk of Neil Peart'. It basically said: Just because I'm a famous musician doesn't mean I should want to have anything to do with any of you so leave me the fuck alone'. Or something like that. It was anti-fan. Quite funny really.
BY Dharmajester
Late 60’s a singer mate of mine was clothes shopping in Carnaby Street with the rest of his drummerless band. He got chatting to a young guy in overalls painting one of the shop fronts. As chance would have it he was a drummer in need of a gig and subsequently joined the band.
Until he had to go back to Canada. He was of course the deceased for whom this thread tolls.