mule
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Michael Jackson impersonators

Post by mule »

jeremyb wrote:I also don't want to watch the doco any more, I feel like the parents are partly to blame for this and as a parent that disgusts me just as much.
I haven't watched this and don't want to either, but this is the bit that gets me. Whether or not anything was going on, I can't imagine being a parent and being ok with sending my young kid off to spend the night at the residence of an eccentric popstar.

Maybe that's a sign of the times. Just seems crazy to me.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

mule wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I also don't want to watch the doco any more, I feel like the parents are partly to blame for this and as a parent that disgusts me just as much.
I haven't watched this and don't want to either, but this is the bit that gets me. Whether or not anything was going on, I can't imagine being a parent and being ok with sending my young kid off to spend the night at the residence of an eccentric popstar.

Maybe that's a sign of the times. Just seems crazy to me.
Theres even worse cases out there, mothers giving their children to stars to abuse, absolutely disgusting! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-25412675
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

Ive watched it and at first it was very convincing, seemed very plausible but half thru I started to have questions and doubts, I went into it having always thought he was guilty from previous public cases and believed he'd bought his way out of the charges as many do all the time.
he was a seriously troubled soul but I don't believe he could have kept it quiet from all his staff for one and they couldn't all be that loyal surely,
after reading the article above I'm quite happy to believe that version more to be honest.
but its also funny in a sick way to have seen it parodied on southpark etc as if its real as well,
stopping play ing his music on radio s just virtue signalling of the highest order. Its a slippery slope and something people have overlooked for centuries until now
Article below

When I was a young lad in the 80s, navigating between paisley underground, hardcore punk and goth, commercial pop music was anathema to me. None more so than the self-proclaimed ‘King of Pop’, Michael Jackson (to quote Game of Thrones’ Tywin Lannister, “Any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king”). I fondly dreamt of never having to hear another Michael Jackson song again.

New Zealanders are lucky enough to live in such a paradise. Quote:

Disgraced pop star Michael Jackson will no longer be played on New Zealand radio stations.

NZME, which owns ZM, The Hits, Flava and more – including the New Zealand Herald – will no longer play Jackson’s songs on air.

Dean Buchanan, group director of entertainment at NZME says: “NZME station playlists change from week to week and right now Michael Jackson does not feature on them”.

Mediaworks’ stations, which include The Breeze and More FM, will also not be playing the artist’s songs. End of quote.

It’s long been widely rumoured that Michael Jackson was as innocent as O. J. Simpson, so why the sudden change of heart? Quote:

This comes after the shocking documentary Leaving Neverland aired in the US, in which Wade Robson and James Safechuck outline the abuse allegedly inflicted upon them by Jackson when they were children.

The revelations in the documentary series are said to be so upsetting, mental health professionals had to be on hand when the film premiered at Sundance Film Festival in January.

On Tuesday, the documentary’s director Dan Reed spoke out in a no holds barred interview with the Telegraph.

He said: “We’re going to have to re‑evaluate the way we see Michael Jackson…”People will have to listen to his music in the knowledge that he was a prolific child rapist. End of quote.

To be rigorously fair, just because it’s in a documentary doesn’t make it true. These are, still, only allegations: what’s more, made by the very people who had previously strenuously denied them in court.

In any case, people listen to music and watch movies made by other people who were just as horrible. Once you start going down this road, you’re opening up a can of worms of personae non grata.

Plenty of “beloved” celebrities have less-than-salubrious pasts. Jimmy Page had a 14-year-old groupie kidnapped (literally: his bouncer grabbed her and threw her in the back of a limo, warning her not to move, or he’d “have her fucking head”. He then locked her up in his mansion, where he banged her for three years, until she was ‘legal’.

Sean Penn tied Madonna to a chair and beat her up with a baseball bat. Rick James kidnapped, raped and tortured a 24-year-old. Elvis married a 14-year-old; Jerry Lee Lewis his 13-year-old first cousin: while both those were technically legal, they’re still creepy as hell.

Phil Spector shot Lana Clarkson in the mouth, killing her. Which means, if you want to remove his grubby, murdering paws from your ears, no more listening to pop classics from Unchained Melody and River Deep, Mountain High, and the Beatles’ Let It Be.

Brian Singer, director of Bohemian Rhapsody, The Usual Suspects and X-Men is alleged to be a prolific paedophile. Disgraced mogul Harvey Weinstein produced a string of critical and box-office hits.

How far one goes in separating the art from the artist is a difficult and fine line. Roman Polanski is a convicted child rapist who has avoided his punishment for decades. He also makes undeniably great films. If I was to boycott every movie whose stars were lefty wankers, I’d never watch another movie again. Gary Glitter is a truly vile person, but the Glitter Band pumped out some 70s rock classics. Mick Jagger is a turd, too. Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters is an anti-semite. David Bowie shagged under-age groupies.

I even have an album of Charles Manson’s late 60s demo recordings. Some are reasonably good songs, but it sure makes for uncomfortable listening – especially when the cherubic girls singing along ended up as brutal, crazed murderers.

So, are NZME making the right call in banning Whacko Jacko? Should Kiwis be able to hear their favourite (alleged) boy-buggerer on the radio? Quote:

“If they’re comfortable doing that, fine. If they’re not, well perhaps listen to something else for a while.”
Last edited by kwhelan on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I did like the tweet someone put out about NZ radio stations banning Michael Jackson, while up next, Tony Veitch with the sports news....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote:I did like the tweet someone put out about NZ radio stations banning Michael Jackson, while up next, Tony Veitch with the sports news....
Hypocrisy is regular bedfellow of the righteous.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

netflix did it with Spacey, I think that was the first, I blame MeeTo nutters.
for the record Weinstein never raped anyone , sure he was a sleazy prick who used his power to solicit but each of those now famous actresses all had a choice and all took it, then 10-15 years later is complaining about it, casting couches have been around since films have been made.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

"...Weinstein never raped anyone , sure he was a sleazy prick who used his power to solicit but each of those now famous actresses all had a choice and all took it"

I mean... Fuckin wow.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

not a pink floyd/waters fan but i'm not sure roger waters is an "anti-semite" to be honest (whatever that means)
calling netanyahu out for being a murdering quim doesnt make you racist
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I suppose the myth is true
“To much groping kids makes your nose fall off”
:mental:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

kwhelan wrote: for the record Weinstein never raped anyone
he still has at least 1 rape accusations waiting to be herd so a bit early to say he never raped anyone. But I do agree with a ot of the sentiment in what you wrote
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

philly wrote:i'm just grateful' my parents weren't catholics
even as a kid 50 odd years ago the kids from "that other school" had a weight or burden that i never understood in retrospect
making sense now tho
The vast majority of abusers are within families. Dads, uncles and brothers.
This comment is scapegoating
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

fair point.. catholic priests are beyond reproach
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

philly wrote:fair point.. catholic priests are beyond reproach
I called you on your prejudice. If we’re talking about the true safety of young people we can’t be blind to the statistical reality that it’s far most likely that an abuser is a married man , a grandfather or a brother.
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Fucking Hell
Is this thread a free for all despite the Politics/Religion avoidance?
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish