werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Michael Jackson impersonators

Post by werdna »

It has taken years for the world to see Michael Jackson as he really was. The documentary Leaving Neverland lays bear the pain of the survivors who were child victims of Michael Jackson.

But there are other, less obvious victims: the Michael Jackson impersonators. These are men, as far as one is able to tell, who have spent lifetimes trying to morph into MJ. They have honed the moonwalk, learned to squeal "eee hee" at the end of the verse, and have had painful and completely unnecessary cosmetic procedures. I expect that none of them lived their life entirely in character. Without the financial clout of the Jackson corporate empire, it would be impossible. They learned the lessons the hard way. Turning up once to a landlord interview with a fully grown chimp wearing nappies. Taking your pet llama with you to your meeting at the job centre. Yet for all the setbacks, they were still willing to make the sacrifice. Not for simply money or fame, because there was little of that, but because they loved the man, and also quite liked wearing heavy foundation and silky gloves. And now all their love and effort has gone to waste, thanks to their very hero. All they have left is disgrace. They'd be angry. They'd want to begin life again. Spare a thought for them as they moonwalk the lonely road out of town in their embroidered bolero jackets and bondage trousers.

https://www.mjvibe.com/who-is-the-1-mic ... ersonator/
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Michael Jackson impersonators

Post by Molly »

I guess they could now be Dianna Ross impersonators.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

One of the absolute joys of my childhood was Rolf Harris. He gave my young self so much laughter; so many moments of wonder and magic.

I look at him now and I feel violated, betrayed and incredibly angry. If I met him in person, my inclinations would be toward extreme violence.

God only knows what it must feel like for the real victims of these vermin.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

i'm just grateful' my parents weren't catholics
even as a kid 50 odd years ago the kids from "that other school" had a weight or burden that i never understood in retrospect
making sense now tho
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

He's not the full shillin'. Two bricks short of a hod-load.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

An article which illustrates why things never change and we never believe the victims.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

werdna wrote:
An article which illustrates why things never change and we never believe the victims.
If you include Michael Jackson in the list of potential victims then yes I agree
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

werdna wrote:
But also an example of information that should be weighed carefully in order to avoid a witch hunt.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Child abuse is horrifying. I just don't believe everything I hear, and thought that article was a relevant perspective in the current anti-MJ frenzy. I actually don't want to discuss this, and would never watch that doco... Sounds too disturbing.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

counter balance is good ... sadly in this current climate there is no such thing
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I was never into Michael Jackson so, was he a pedo? Wasn't he..? I really don't have any skin in that game whatsoever. I also believe that, whatever people think of Michael Jackson, they probably thought that already.

I do feel a bit of concern about the hysteria surrounding this doco though. Simply because people watching it may think "everybody is saying this is true, so it must be!" whereas, of course, it may or it may not be. Who the "everybody" is varies. My FB feed is full of articles about how radio stations "around the world" are refusing to play his music. "Around the world" basically means some stations in Canada and NZ. OK, that IS "around the world" but not in the 195 countries way it implies.

About impersonators...

During the Iraq wars, it turned out that there were any number of Saddam Hussein impersonators. They were there to fool foreign intelligence as to the real Hussein's whereabouts.

It was apparently a pretty sweet job, but when the war got real, if anything happened to the real Saddam (losing his left arm in a bomb raid, say) all the impersonators' left arms had to go, too. I don't know if it's a true story but it's a real Twilight Zone episode waiting to happen.

And then there was Vaughn Meadee who made a VERY good living being a JFK impersonator until THAT day in Dallas. After that, it was all over.

I like the story about Lenny Bruce being booked to do a gig the night of the assassination. A real shit of a gig for a comedian, he couldn't joke about Kennedy, he couldn't ignore him either. He couldn't be serious because it was a comedy gig. So his first line was "Boy, is Vaughn Meader fucked!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaughn_Meader
Last edited by Vince on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

werdna wrote: An article which illustrates why things never change and we never believe the victims.
and things like this are part of the reason https://www.vox.com/2019/2/17/18228444/ ... oax-empire
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Interesting link, thanks for posting that. If I'm totally honest on where I sit... I'm still not sure. It's obvious that MJ wasn't quite the full shilling and seemingly even more so in his latter years, but this is something that was probably exaggerated by his fame, money, the way he lived his life etc. A lot of what was written in the article above actually sits quite comfortably with me; kinda like having some oddball uncle that people would perceive as a threat to kids, but the reality is he'd just a bit different and no threat at all. It's completely plausible that the guy at the centre of this new doco is solely driven by money and his failed career :eh:

So I dunno, chances are I'll watch this 'MJ is guilty' doco this weekend. Documentaries on the whole are effective at conveying their messages/intentions so I'll probably end up buying into their accusations ?!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm so torn by this, I can't imagine anyone wanting to make false accusations of this scale with all the scrutiny and pain you would go through, there's easier ways to make money if that's your goal.

I also think regardless of how much time has passed or what people have said previously we should always believe victims, 99.9% of them are telling the truth.

I also don't want to watch the doco any more, I feel like the parents are partly to blame for this and as a parent that disgusts me just as much.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.