An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY foal30
Heavyweight musician

Almost inconceivable his deliberate break from corporate music industry

A fucking great man. RIP
BY GrantB
A truly influential musician...Spirit of Eden was my go to at age 19...
BY mrmofo
thanks to my GF and JB I only really found out about them a Cpl of years ago.
shame, does anyone know the cause?
BY null_pointer
mrmofo wrote:does anyone know the cause?

Doesn't seem to be any reports of cause at this stage (that I can find), but at 64 I'm expecting illness.

Edit: 'A short illness, from which he never recovered' is the official release from his former manager.
BY philly
big fan here
BY mrmofo
jeremyb wrote:
mrmofo wrote:thanks to my GF and JB

Me?

yea I think it was you. would have been maybe three or four years ago. (from Memory)

after reading I went home and asked my GF about them as the only song I knew was that cheesy first single from the early 80`s. she had the classic three last albums. I listened to them and was blown away.
BY Dharmajester
werdna wrote:The best guitar work Robbie McIntosh did was with Talk Talk.

He was great on those sessions. I heard last week my old mate David Rhodes ( P Gabriel's guitarist ) who played the guitar on "Life's what you make it " has stage 4 of the big C which is another major bummer.
BY werdna
"life's what you make it" - everything a great riff should be, economical, melodic and serving the song.
BY GrantB
Dharmajester wrote:

He was great on those sessions. I heard last week my old mate David Rhodes ( P Gabriel's guitarist ) who played the guitar on "Life's what you make it " has stage 4 of the big C which is another major bummer.

That does suck. I went to the Peter Gabriel Secret World tour in '94 and David Rhodes was playing for him then. He was using a Steinberger through two Matchless DC-30's. I didn't know what the amps were but was intrigued by the light in the front panel. I asked a guy in front of me with binoculars if he could make out the brand, which he could.

It's everywhere. The guy I purchased the Custom from a few weeks back passed away last week from the big C. Same story re the ES-335 guy...

It's why I feel like anytime something hurts in me for more than a day, it's cancer.
BY philly
GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:

That does suck. I went to the Peter Gabriel Secret World tour in '94 and David Rhodes was playing for him then. He was using a Steinberger through two Matchless DC-30's. I didn't know what the amps were but was intrigued by the light in the front panel. I asked a guy in front of me with binoculars if he could make out the brand, which he could.

It's everywhere. The guy I purchased the Custom from a few weeks back passed away last week from the big C. Same story re the ES-335 guy...

It's why I feel like anytime something hurts in me for more than a day, it's cancer.

oh i hear you.

before the age of 50 you either get flu.. the shits.. headaches...maybe a broken bone....after 50 you get all sorts of weird pains and sensations and you think they must be a tumour or something

last week i came home and commented on the nice smell coming from the kitchen..."are you making a cake?"... "no?!?"

after a couple of days of being able to smell a sort of alcoholic/vanilla smell i took to google where i discovered "phantosmia" which is where you smell things that dont exist... basically it could be a fault with the nervous system or brain seizures.. possibly caused by strokes or head injuries (regular readers may remember my ladder fall a few weeks ago...)

so by this time im shitting meself and book a doctors appointment... they couldnt find anything wrong so ive gone home completely dejected

on saturday the smell was really vivid and i thought i was going to keel over there and then....we were just off to the farmers market and as i was collecting the shopping bags i noted a bag of pears i forgot to unpack the week before.... all brown and rotting

no other fucker in the house could smell it!
BY GrantB
philly wrote:
oh i hear you.

before the age of 50 you either get flu.. the shits.. headaches...maybe a broken bone....after 50 you get all sorts of weird pains and sensations and you think they must be a tumour or something

last week i came home and commented on the nice smell coming from the kitchen..."are you making a cake?"... "no?!?"

after a couple of days of being able to smell a sort of alcoholic/vanilla smell i took to google where i discovered "phantosmia" which is where you smell things that dont exist... basically it could be a fault with the nervous system or brain seizures.. possibly caused by strokes or head injuries (regular readers may remember my ladder fall a few weeks ago...)

so by this time im shitting meself and book a doctors appointment... they couldnt find anything wrong so ive gone home completely dejected

on saturday the smell was really vivid and i thought i was going to keel over there and then....we were just off to the farmers market and as i was collecting the shopping bags i noted a bag of pears i forgot to unpack the week before.... all brown and rotting

no other fucker in the house could smell it!

I'm sorry philly, but I did laugh good n proper at this! :lol: