jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Post-Rock Artists

Post by jeremyb »

mrmofo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Fulfilled a dream last night and saw mogwai, was fucking amazing, so intense!
I was at the Auckland Show, great to see and hear. the Juno was HUGE!!!! pumped out bass for days bro. I was up the front and just loving the sheer volume and band dynamics.
My only gripe was the choice of Guitars the Guys use. I cant accept that many Telecasters, black ones, cream ones and then when its time to Chunk, the dynamics grow in momentum to a sheer amount of post Djent all we got was Twang Twang Twang.
The guitarists should invest in an KH2 or a Les Paul and bring the Brootz when needed as the Tellies' didn't bring it on the night.
damn good album and show.
Can't say I've ever thought of their tone as twangy, I use my tele with filtertrons quite a bit in our band, but been giving the LP some love again recently, which I don't think sounds as good thru my rig as the tele, but has more balls, hmmm....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

finn61
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by finn61 »

jeremyb wrote:
finn61 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I'm starting a post djent project!
Hahaha my friend and I have been joking about that for the last couple of months.

That'd basically be a whole lot of rhythmic picking that you wouldn't be able to hear because of delay and reverb anyway :rofl:
:lol: My plan is to build a one string 30" scale guitar tuned to F ala the djentstick and do the rhythmic stuff with that then use my normal rig to do atmospheric stuff over the top, would be kinda cool I reckon!
I would pay to see this :lol:

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

oh crappola - does getting into this new-fangled genre mean I have to overhaul my rig? I did have to google djent, and I definitely won't go down that path. Can barely cope with six strings and 4/4 is tricky counting for my brain.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

finn61 wrote:
jeremyb wrote: :lol: My plan is to build a one string 30" scale guitar tuned to F ala the djentstick and do the rhythmic stuff with that then use my normal rig to do atmospheric stuff over the top, would be kinda cool I reckon!
I would pay to see this :lol:
:thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

HackSaw wrote:oh crappola - does getting into this new-fangled genre mean I have to overhaul my rig? I did have to google djent, and I definitely won't go down that path. Can barely cope with six strings and 4/4 is tricky counting for my brain.
The forum will make you want to overhaul your rig on a daily basis anyway, at least a new genre will give you a purpose!

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

jeremyb wrote:
The forum will make you want to overhaul your rig on a daily basis anyway, at least a new genre will give you a purpose!
Nah, it's a desire to make up for lack of musicianship and skill through the purchase of new toys that makes me want to overhaul my rig. It's also why I reckon I might start some sort of droney noise death punk post apocalyptic rockabilly swing band.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

@Jeremyb

The guitar tone overall was superb, my comment or concern was only in the heaver parts of the songs. I missed the chunk of humbuckers and the attitude of a harder personality type.
:moresarc:
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

mrmofo wrote:@Jeremyb

The guitar tone overall was superb, my comment or concern was only in the heaver parts of the songs. I missed the chunk of humbuckers and the attitude of a harder personality type.
:moresarc:
All good bro! :thumbup:

Heres a track by my band Samsara, it's a little rough in spots as it's just a demo, posted it elsewhere on here but it kinda belongs here....

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

Sweet track Jeremy, at the start of this thread did I read you were just learning? There might be hope for me yet, see you back here in 4 years!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

HackSaw wrote:Sweet track Jeremy, at the start of this thread did I read you were just learning? There might be hope for me yet, see you back here in 4 years!
:) Took me ages to pluck up the courage to play with others, but now I have a really great bunch of dudes in the band and we are all passionate about the kinda music we make which makes a massive difference :)

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

HackSaw wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Nah, it's a desire to make up for lack of musicianship and skill through the purchase of new toys that makes me want to overhaul my rig.
As Jeremy said, the forum :lol:

finn61
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by finn61 »

The dangerous thing is I already spent too much on gear before I joined this forum... I'm scared now...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Live recording from band practice of our track "Ender"

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

my post rock project is starting to gain some traction finally.

Got a new bass player, very driven, writes heaps of cool shit and helps bring more structure to everything.

Here's our first decent recording, this one actually has vocals haha.

https://soundcloud.com/cecilturbine/con ... percussion

It's really evolved beyond a Russian Circles wanna band which is what it kind of started as

We definitely have some post metal moments (esp in the tracks written by me) but the bassist brings a poppier melodic side to things.
But we're also starting to bring in a math element as well (inspired by Battles & Tortoise) so starting to bring in weird time signatures and sampling and stuff. Picked up a Novation Launchkey Mini from work the other day, really fun to sample bass/guitar sounds, fuck them up in logic and then chuck em on the sample pads and make some weird sounding shit
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

F'k. Wish I had the time to do a tenth of this.