Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY robthemac
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:yeh thats the ticket. far out $350?? you did well

I bought as a whole pile of pieces. A high school student must of intended to do it a highschool project. He'd painted the body terribly, and did the same to the neck. he hadn't even got to assembling it. It was on trademe for $1 reserve and I got it for $250. I spent $100 or so on paint and materials etc. I had to do quite a bit of stripping etc before I could start working on it. It came up really well though, I'm really happy with it. I don't play it much though - should grab it out more often.

wow. I know someone who would love that. our drummer. he has a shitty bass and does some recording

Carl's playing bass now days?
BY Rog
No surprises that I’m a Fender bass man all the way, but I would caution anyone against buying a JP90 Fender. I had one: gorgeous neck, which is what made me shell out, but even though I tried every change known to man on it (pickups, pots, strings, etc) I could never get that Fender sound that I love. It was a shame cos it was delightful to play, but just not a real Fender tone, which may be why they didn’t last long in production. I’ve had 3 Gibson basses cos they’re Gibbys, so gotta work, right? Nope, muddy tone that doesn’t cut through in a band situation. I enjoyed my Ricky bass (neck felt like my Precision) but was so disappointed with my Hofner which I bought in 1962 ‘cos some famous dude played one. For the money being talked about here, I think a Squire would be a decent bet. As always - one man’s opinion, but I’ve been doing it since the ‘60s, so do have some idea...
BY StrummersOfThunder
There is an old ibanez roadster on TM . perhaps a little over priced at $750 but you might be able to knock it down a little with an outside trade. These are pretty great work horse bass guitars. I always found them to be something of a musicman/fender hybrid.
I have to say I havent played any of the 'new' squier fenders but always found their necks a little 'flimsy' feeling. like you could bend em back without too much force. and the finish was either thick poly or it seemed like nothing at all..bare dry wood.
I had a greco spacey sound which was a great jap p bass . cost me about $250 off j guitar .
BY Rog
I’ll just add to be slightly wary of part-o-casters. Even with good parts, some people forget about correct string lengths between models and intonation problems can arise.
BY crowbgood1
AiRdAd wrote:I did this one. Allparts body and neck. Painted it in nitro. Cost me $350 and a bit elbow grease :-)

CameraZOOM-20200514151104321.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200514151101110.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200514151055354.jpg

When are you selling this?
BY AiRdAd
crowbgood1 wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:I did this one. Allparts body and neck. Painted it in nitro. Cost me $350 and a bit elbow grease :-)

CameraZOOM-20200514151104321.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200514151101110.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200514151055354.jpg

When are you selling this?

Never sorry :-)